- Ephesians 2:8‭-‬9 NLT -

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

🔸Just as the Scripture says in Romans 6:23 NLT,  "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

Before we encounter God's grace, we are bound by the bondage of sins from our old sinful nature. There is no salvation before we did not acknowledge and have faith in Christ Jesus.

However, through the unfailing love of God for us, we are all saved from our old sinful nature through our faith. We are all made right by believing with all our heart, mind and soul that Jesus is our savior and in Him their is eternal life.

The salvation that we received from God is not done through our deeds but it is a free gift of God. Through the desire of the Lord to make us right with Him, He sacrifice His only begotten son which is Jesus Christ. Through the blood of Christ, we are all cleansed and we are renewed.

That is why, we should not take the credit of this because salvation is from God and through His grace we received the free gift which is eternal life.

Salvation is not a reward for all good deeds that is why we must not boast. But if you want to boast, boast only about God. Boast about all the things that God has done for us. Boast that through love of God, we received salvation.

However, if God gave salvation for us and it is not a reward for all good deeds, does it mean we should not do good to others? No, we must still do good unto others since God commanded this from the beginning and if we believe God and we have faith in Him, we must obey Him. Since through our faith in God, there is fulfillment of all God's law.

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for saving us. Thank you for the gift of salvation. Lord, thank you for making us right with you through Christ Jesus. Lord, we are forever be grateful for you have done to us. Lord, we can never do anything without you that is why, we can not take all the credit. In you O God, we give back all the glory and adoration to you in Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

- Eunice Grace (12/02/20)