Chapter 1

Althea's POV

Today is our Field Trip. A trip that was supposed to be filled with excitement and happiness. We are that and more before this rain started falling down. The sky was starting to get dark and thunder was now appearing.

"Students! Get a partner and start running from here to the old castle. Go!" Professor Lenard shouted through the rains that was now starting to get heavy.

"Thea! Let's go. We need to dashie run, run, run" I can't hold back a smile despite the situation wherein, after hearing my bestfriend, Kristen Lee sing one of my favorite BTS song, RUN. We've been bestfriend since kindergarten. I never imagined to have this friendship for so long, but I am very thankful.

I hold my bagpack in front of my body and started to run towards the castle. Lights from our mobile phone helps us to get to the front gate without scraping our knees from falling down. I bend my body and put my hands on my knees, trying to gain some oxygen. Never I had run like that in my life.

I turn around to see some students piling up on one side and some are sitting in the grass while waiting for someone to open up the gate.

"What are you all doing here? Get up and go inside the castle." Professor Rian shouted while looking at the students who were still climbing the mountain.

I look at Kristen beside me and saw her looking at me like crazy. "What are you thinking Kris?" I ask her because her smile is starting to get into me. It was creepy.

Without waiting for her reply, I hold her wrist and tag her towards the  castle.

"Come on, let's get inside" . While walking, I can't help but look at what's in front of me. It's dark yes, but through the lightning that has been appearing from the sky, I was able to witness the castle's beauty.

Seeing old castle that was probably built a centuries ago makes me excited. The msytery behind the walls, what has happened there excites me.

Large double doors came into view and that's when Kristen decided to talk. "Did you read the Empire of Vladmous in Wattpad Thea?" I look at her smiling face and frowns,

"Nope, I had no chance to read it yesterday because of some errands".

Reading wattpad stories is my hobby. Nowadays, story about supernatural has gotten into me. It feels weird, but I think some of the written stories were based on real life.

"Aisst!! You should read that Thea!!It's an awesome story you know!" I smiled at her, trying to show how sorry I am. "May be after this trip".

We walked inside the palace and it feels nostalgic to be there. It was not that clean but you can still see how this lonely palace was once a happy place. The paint on the wall has been peeled, vandal has occupied some parts of the palace and the carpet from the entrance to the place I don't know was torn into many pieces.

I saw some of my classmates starting to look around, some students decided to sit and take a rest while talking to their group of friends.

While looking around, something got my interest. "Kristen, look!" And I pointed towards a big painting of a man beside the big window. I don't know what happen but I saw myself walking towards the painting.

A man who was maybe in his mid twenties, wore a well-embellished tunic with gold-work thread and a crown in his head. His eyes were cold. His lips were pressed.Not a single sign of happiness. I look at his eyes too long for my liking, but there's something in those eyes that speaks to me.

"Let's go friend. Professor Lenard is calling all the students". I take one last look at the painting before letting myself be dragged by Kristen.

We walk towards Mr. Lenard and the students. We sat on the floor and listen to the professor while he was giving an instruction.

"So students, I will group you all into three and will be assigned in a room." Andie, one of my classmates complains "But sir! This place was so creepy, can we just stay in one place?"

Professor Linda smile and pointed her head toward the student "No need to be afraid, the caretaker of this palace assured us that this was safe. If any troubles happens, just come here. All professors will be staying here".

No complains after that. Professor Lenard proceed to group the students into three, and fortunately, I will stay with my bestfriend and Elizabeth Maine,  who was a very quiet girl from my class.  I grab my bag which I discarded when I walk towards the painting earlier, and follows Ms. Alice, our professor climbing up the stairs.

My eyes continue to wonders around. I can't help but feel enchanted. This place has been abandoned for I don't know how long but it's beauty behind those scratches, vandalisms cannot be hidden.

"Okay Ms. Cyson, Ms. Lee and Ms.  Maine, this will be your room for the night" Ms. Alice says and leave us to lead other students to their assigned rooms.

Kirsten opens the wooden door with a crown carved on it. "Wooh..It's so dark in here" She then opens her cellphone and lights sorrounded the place. A worn out king size bed was situated in the middle of the room.

I walk towards it and place my bag on the floor.

"Ms. Althea?" I turned around to see who called me.

~~~~~
Happy reading! 💜