Part Twelve

It took me a while but I finally asked. "Where are your parents?" I broke the silence. "Heck if I know.. they dropped me at the orphanage first chance they got." He said and took a drink of his Pepsi. I really wish I hadn't brought it up. "I'm sorry for bringing that up." I said. "It's fine. It doesn't hurt me. I'm better off without them." He said. "Why did you leave orphanage?" I asked him. "They were telling us who to be, so me and Brandon ditched that place and we came here. It was better on both of us." He said. I nodded. "Jack, she won't leave. Can you go talk to her?" Brandon peaked in from the broken window. "Fine. But you owe me." Jack said and got up. Brandon came in the door and Jack walked out. Brandon came over to where Jack was sitting and sat down. "Sorry about that. My ex girlfriend, Claire won't leave us alone. Jack's the only one that can get her to leave. She's nuts." He said and laughed. "She tried to get with Jack when she was with me but he told her no. He says girls get in the way of his career. She got mad and threw a rock through that window." He said and pointed at the window. "Tired, huh?" Brandon asked. I nodded and yawned. "You can take a nap if you want. We don't have to be back for another hour." He said. "Nah, I'll be fine." I told him. "Alright." He said. "Brandon!" Jack called from outside. Brandon looked at me and smiled, "Just a sec." He said. I was getting tired. I looked at the bunk bed. Maybe they wouldn't mind if I took a little nap. After all, Brandon did ask me. I walked over to the bed and layed down. I almost instantly fell asleep.