Sequel Summary and Preview!

July 2015 Update: Shadows is now complete! Don't miss it!

Hello there! If you've stumbled upon this post, then you're interested in finding out more about Zara's sequel.

It is called "Shadows," as in shadows of the past, because the past is going to catch up with everyone (yes, everyone). The first chapter was posted Friday, January 30th, and is still on-going.

I intend on updating two chapters a week with chapters averaging 2000 words each (although chapter 2 will probably be close to 2500 words once I'm done with it, editing-wise).

First thing you need to know is that it will still be from Zara's point of view.

Secondly, get ready because it will have more action, more humour, and more romance (between Zara and Evan), and is loaded with awesome twists! I'm talking ball-crushing, lip-smacking, jaw-dropping, edge-of-your-seat kind of twists.

So it's going to be fun!

Here's the blurb:

Now that Zara and Evan have consummated their relationship, it's time to meet Evan's family. Despite Evan's best attempts to reassure her, she's still nervous about the upcoming meeting--especially when it means meeting another, much larger, pack of wolves.

However, as Zara is about to become aware of, all is not well in the secret world of wolf shape-shifters. The peace and prosperity that the West Coast has enjoyed for several decades is about to be challenged as a large and powerful group of shifters set their sights on taking over the Cascade Mountain Range, and no pack is going to stop them in their tracks.

Submit and join their ranks, or die.

With the ghosts of Emily's past returning, Evan and Zara are about to come face-to-face with unexpected intruders and new sets of challenges to test them in these suddenly dangerous times.

Preview:

They slip over silently, unsuspected of the truths they carry. The truth can be painful, too brutal to face. Especially if it is merely a remnant of the past.

It's sneaking up on me.

A twig snaps and I whirl around, my dreadlocks smacking me in the face.

Despite the thick growth of the forest, small streams of sunlight still manage to filter down to the forest floor. Swarms of insects hover in small droves, dancing in the warm rays.

My heart pounds like a jackhammer as my dark brown eyes flit from one leafy fern to the next. In the last couple of weeks, their once lush green leaves have deteriorated to a burnt yellow that rustles like sandpaper in the slight breeze.

He's out there somewhere. I can almost feel him.

I strain my ears for the slightest movement-the crunch of dry leaves, the snap of a twig, the scrape of pebbles-anything to signal his whereabouts. His hulking size should give him away at some point, right? It should be easy. No way he can move silently through the forest like a shadow.

I inhale a slow and shaky breath in an attempt to clear my mind and slow the racing of my heart.

Focus Zara.

My breath catches at another crack of twigs in the other direction.

What the-?

Before I can react, he's here. Leaping out from behind a tree, his huge mouth open in a snarl, he pins me down to the ground.

Author's Note: To continue reading Shadows, click on the external link below and it will take you to the first chapter, or go to my profile page and find the story there. :)