DEC 1: DECORATIONS | JM

Justin Morrow | 09

Day 1 of the 31 days of Christmas prompts!

Prompt 1: Decorations

You groaned as you jumped once again to try and reach the Christmas decorations on the top shelf in your storage room. Who decided to put them all the way up here?! They need to be accessible to everyone. Even short people! You grumble as you strain to reach, barely touching the shelf under the top one. You've tried standing up on a chair but you still couldn't reach. It was starting to get quite aggravating. You were about to give up and go sulk until Justin got home to help you but your savior was already there.

"Need some help with that?" You hear Justin ask with an obvious smirk.

You turn around, brushing your cherry red hair behind your shoulders. You two decided to do Christmas colors this year. Him being green and you being red, not feeling brave enough to try and pull off a wild color like green.

"You should've asked earlier!" You remark.

He chuckles and gets the box down with ease, handing it over to you to do your thing. He knew he could never compete with you on decorating. Plus he knew it was the most fun you'd have all year. You like to go all out and he can't complain. If you do it for Halloween in October then he'll let you do it in December for Christmas too. He watches as you scurry up the stairs with the box. He grabs the large tree from the shelf and drags it upstairs for you, putting it in the corner where it always stands this time of year.

He loves to see you with a smile on your face as you bring the lights outside. It's actually not that cold out and he's surprised but you'll both take all the warm weather you can get. He follows you out, hoisting you up on his shoulders to put the lights over the garage. You giggle and put the lights on the hooks Justin screwed in just two years prior. He helps you down and you two walk to the back deck, putting up more lights around the edge. Your electric bill is going to be through the roof but neither of you really care.

After an hour of putting up your outside decorations you walk inside to start decorating the tree. Your most favorite part. You feel butterflies in your stomach as you unwrap the ornaments and hang them on the branches, Justin helping with the ones on the opposite side to you.

By the time you finish It's dark out. You both step back and admire your work, the lights in the tree shining softly and the ornaments reflecting the multi-colored lights.

"Wait!" You shout, looking through the box for the ornaments for the most important part. The star.

You find it quickly and Justin lifts you up by your waist so you can put it on top. Once It's safely on top, he lets you down and you hug him, kissing him tenderly.

He pulls away slowly, the look of pure adoration in his eyes. "Hot chocolate?" He asks.

You nod with a bright smile. You couldn't ask for anyone better to share your life with.