Twenty-Six

"Never mind? What? But you said it was important..." San tries hiding the disappointment in his voice.

"Don't worry, it's nothing." Wooyoung tells him, not being able to ask him out. If he tried, he'd probably just end up embarrassing himself.

"Oh, hey guys. You're still here?" Yunho stops in front of them.

"Yunho? I thought you had already gone home." San tells him. "Mingi was looking for you."

"Really?" He asks, confused. "I'll call him later then. What were you guys still doing here?"

"Nothing. I was just about to go home too." San gives him a small smile.

Yunho looks back and forth at San and Wooyoung and notices how awkward they're being with each other.

"Did I interrupt something?"

"No, don't worry. Wooyoung was going to tell me something before Mingi got here, but then he said it was nothing important."

"Are you sure?" Yunho asks Wooyoung. "I could always just leave you two alone."

"Don't worry." Wooyoung shakes his head. "Well, actually... I did want to talk to San about something."

"About what?" San asks him.

"I wanted to ask him how I could get you to forgive me." Wooyoung looks down. "I was really mean to you... I'm sorry."

In a way, he's lying. But in another way, he's telling the truth. That's not what he wanted to talk to San about, but apologizing to Yunho is something he had been trying to do for a while.

"Oh, don't worry. That's in the past. Plus, I was also really mean to you, so I would like to apologize to you as well." Yunho gives him a small smile. "I got really overprotective of San since we've been friends for so many years now. So I immediately dislike anyone who hurts him."

"And that's what makes you a real friend, so don't worry."

"Well, your apology is accepted." Yunho tells him.

"And I forgive you too."

"Can we be friends now?" Yunho reaches his hand out for Wooyoung to shake.

Wooyoung looks down at Yunho's hand for a few seconds before shaking it. "Friends." He nods and smiles.

-

Yeosang takes a deep breath before walking towards where Seonghwa is sitting. It's been two days since Yena asked him to introduce them to each other, but for some reason, he can't do it.

He stops walking and sighs. "Why can't she go talk to him by herself? Why must I introduce them to each other? Who does she think I am?"

The thought of Seonghwa with someone else really bothers him, but why? He closes his eyes, then lightly hits his head on the wall behind him and dramatically fake cries since he sees no one's around.

"What's that about?"

Yeosang quickly opens his eyes and sees Seonghwa standing in front of him.

'How embarrassing.' He mentally facepalms himself and clears his throat. "Nothing. Just glad school is finally over and I can now go home." He fake smiles.

"And that's why you were 'crying'?" He crosses his arms over his chest. "Well, I guess you like school too much then... Is it because you get to see me?" He smirks.

"What? No." Yeosang looks away, then back at him. "Would you like a girls number?" He blurts out.

"A girls number?" Seonghwa asks, confused. "What for?"

"Well... my friend is interested in you and would like to get to know you." Yeosang looks around, not being able to make eye contact with him, which is why he doesn't see the disappointment in Seonghwa's face. "So...?" He takes his phone out to give him her number.

Seonghwa tries hiding the disappointed look on his face and looks down at Yeosang's phone. "Sure." He takes his phone from him and adds his number to his contacts list. "Text it to me." He tells him before walking away from him.

Yeosang looks down at his phone and feels his face heat up. "H-he gave me his number?"

-

Even after two days pass since Wooyoung first tried asking San out, he still didn't have the courage to do it. He was overthinking too much and was afraid he'd end up messing up. He wasn't so sure if San liked him back like that and was also afraid he'd end up ruining their friendship with his confession.

"Why am I like this?" Wooyoung looks at his reflection in the bathroom's mirror and sighs. "Why can't I just do it?" He splashes some water on his face since it looks so red.

He just got home from school and had tried confessing to San again, but ended up running away. "That was so embarrassing and it's not like me at all."

What was even worse was that San had invited him and his friends over to his house, so he'd have to face him sooner than he was ready to.

He decides to change his clothes and quickly gets ready to go to San's house. It's better to get this over with already.

-

"Oh, hey Woo. You're here." San smiles at him as soon as he opens the door.

"Yeah... hey." Wooyoung just nods and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Come in."

Wooyoung walks into the house and San closes the door behind him. Wooyoung sees Yeosang, Jongho, and Yunho are already here.

"I invited more people. I hope you don't mind." San tells them.

"Who?" Jongho asks him, curiously. "Aren't we your only friends?"

"You ask too many questions." San sits in the living room, where everybody is, and Wooyoung does the same.

"What's up with Yeosang?" Wooyoung asks them when he sees him looking down at his phone and sighing.

"I don't know. He's been like that since we got here." Yunho tells him. "Yeo, will you tell us why you're like this?"

"There's nothing going on." He puts his phone down on his lap.

They all start another conversation and Yeosang gets lost in his thoughts, not realizing the doorbell is ringing.

"Oh, looks like one of my guests has arrived." San quickly stands up and walks over to the door.

He then opens the door but Yeosang stays looking down. Why would he agree to introduce Yena and Seonghwa to each order? He really feels like hitting his head on the wall behind him, but his friends would probably think he's crazy.

Instead, he ends up resting his head on Yunho's shoulder while he continues being lost in his thoughts.

"You guys, my guests are here." San tells them but Yeosang is too lost in his thoughts to hear anything.

'If I give Yena's number to Seonghwa, will they end up together?' He thinks to himself. 'Why do I even care? I can't possibly like- wait...'

"I like him?!" He blurts out and his eyes widen when he sees Seonghwa and Mingi were San's guests.

And Seonghwa's sitting right across from him.

A/N:
Oops 😳

Also, I just want to thank you all for giving this book so much love! I love reading your comments, so thank you <3