I woke up some time in the middle of the night and went to the pull out bed in the living room. I put the blanket over her and let her sleep. I didn't want to leave her side. But I didn't want her freaking out that we had fallen asleep together.

In the morning I made her an omelet, crispy bacon and sourdough toast. Her favorites. She ate like she had never seen food before. It made me feel really good to take care of her like this. We found out where her sisters were staying and made arrangements to go see them in the afternoon. They were pretty close by. Then we took a walk down on the beach. The weather was still pretty nice. The fog hung around in the morning but burnt off by noon. "I want to hold your hand." She told me as we walked along the sand. "How is your head feeling?" She knew she couldn't lie to me. "Um, it's not too bad." "Amber, I don't want you hurting. The pain meds are gone. And you already have a headache, I can tell." "Grayson, I know it will hurt. I don't care. I want to touch you. And I want to break through whatever is going on in my head. I feel this buzzing. And I just think that it will stop once our connection is reestablished." I put my arm around her shoulders. "I'm touching you now. This can be enough." I told her. She stopped walking. "No Grayson, that isn't enough. We have to do this. There is a reason you and I can communicate telepathically. We have to fix it."

I nodded and sat down in the sand. There were only a couple of surfers here, out in the waves. It was private enough. Her eyes lit with anticipation. I wished I was the one who would hurt instead of her. She held out her hand and also took ahold of her stone. I did the same. I saw the bright spark as soon as we touched. The soothing feel of her energy ran through my body. I hoped that one day she would feel that too. She always looked startled when the tingles began. Probably because they hurt her. Her eyes were closed, but her face showed signs of discomfort. I could tell she was trying to hide it. She gripped my hand tighter. Something must be going on in there. She gasped, and I tried to let go. She wouldn't have it. I saw the lines forming on her forehead. I tried not to look at her colors. I didn't want to see the pain there. She kept holding my hand.

Finally, after maybe ten minutes or more, she let go. Her body went limp and I gathered her into my arms. I stroked her head. I saw the perspiration on her brow. I know it took a lot out of her to do this. I wanted to absorb the energy for her. But I think she was right. We had to do this. She seemed to be asleep. She looked peaceful. So, I let her rest. I just held her close. She started to stir after about 5 minutes. She opened her eyes and looked up at me and smiled. Such a beautiful sight. Her eyes looked as though they were on fire in the sunlight.

"You alright?" I asked. "I'm better than alright. I remembered something good this time." She said as she sat up. "I remembered you Grayson." Her face was as bright as the sun. She was beaming at me with that brilliant smile. I couldn't wait to hear. I didn't push her. I just waited. "It must have been the day I was leaving for California. We were in my room, I think. The walls were every shade of blue you can imagine. I told you that I didn't want to leave you. I could feel how deeply attached to you I was. I could feel how much I loved you. You tucked my hair behind my ear, then you touched my face and pulled it toward you. You kissed me so tenderly and gently. It was like a promise. I could feel your love. As we kissed, we weren't talking aloud, but I was hearing you express to me how much you loved me. You let me know that I wasn't leaving you, that I was there in your heart no matter where I was." She was crying as she told me about our last moments together. I had replayed that same scene in my own mind so many times over the last three years.

She came closer to me. She looked deeply into my eyes. Then all over my face. It was as if she was touching me as she gazed at me. My heart was beating faster. Then she put her hand on my cheek. I felt the spark. The next thing I knew, her soft full lips were touching mine. All the amazing sensations I remembered about kissing her flooded back to me. Her powerful energy was flowing into me. The kiss started out sweet and soft. Then she opened her mouth and I responded. She kissed me like she never had before. Like her life depended on it. I could taste her and smell her and feel her everywhere. My senses were on high alert. I put my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me. Tingles were rushing up and down my limbs and in my head. Then I heard it, very faint in the back of my mind like a whisper. "I love you," she said.

Then she collapsed into my arms again. She was out. But she was breathing. What happened? Was she okay? I didn't know what to do. I turned her into a more comfortable position and just held her. She must have broken through the barrier that was blocking our telepathy. Had it hurt her? Peoples colors weren't always accurate when they slept. They could change based on their dreams. But she had no colors right now, which told me she had actually passed out. After about ten minutes, I considered taking her down into the freezing cold ocean water. But I quickly decided against it. I repositioned her in my arms and accidently touched her cheek. I felt the zing and saw a spark. She woke up from it. Her eyes popped open instantly.

"Where are we?" She asked. "On the beach still." I reminded her. She sat up and looked around. I could see her colors flying by in flashes. Every emotion I could imagine was popping up. She held her head and closed her eyes. "Is it hurting? Should I take you to the hospital?" I asked with concern. She shook her head. She sat very still. Then, in my mind I heard her. Grayson, I remember everything. I was overwhelmed with relief and hope. I responded the same way. Finally, I have you back. She looked into my eyes and smiled. Then she leaned forward once again and touched her lips to mine. This was soft and loving. She was sending so many feelings out to me as we kissed. Joy, relief, understanding, excitement, and love. I melted into her and sent her back all of them and more. It was amazing. She ran her fingers through my hair and down my back, exploring. I could feel her thinking about how badly she wanted to do that. I couldn't hold back a grin as we continued to kiss. I wanted to stay here just like this forever.

She eventually pulled away. "I can't keep kissing you if we are going to get anything else accomplished in our lives, ever." That made me laugh. "I agree. So why don't we just decide, here and now, that we are never going to accomplish anything else from this moment forward." I captured her lips again and continued my quest to kiss her forever. She gladly complied. Then the alarm on my phone went off. I almost forgot we needed to go see her sisters. She begrudgingly removed herself from my lap. I felt bereft.

She remembered him!!!