Louis: Laryngitis (4)

The concert was going great. I just danced around and interacted with some of the fans in the front. I could feel my voice return and I could actually speak into the mic at a normal volume without it sounding hoarse and awful. It was during the Little Things chorus where I tried to sing a little bit. It was going good until my voice cracked a little and when I tried to sing more, it was back to his hoarse tone and I just gave up. Harry must have been watching me because he gave me a sad smile when I made eye contact with him. After the concert he confronted me.

"Lou why would you try? You know your voice isn't ready." He asked, giving me a hug and I could feel the eyes of Liam on my back.

"I'm sorry I just wanted to try." I said, coughing and he handed me a bottle of water and cough drop.

"I'm not mad, but you have to be on voice rest until the next concert probably." I rolled my eyes, but I knew that was going to happen. I turned towards Liam.

"I told you!" He shouted, but it wasn't in a mean tone. Kind of an "I told you so" way, which just made me feel guilty.

"Shut up." I left the room and went to the tour, even though I could hear Harry calling my name from behind. I was insecure enough about my voice and now that I can't use it without it sounding awful, I just wanted to be alone. I layed on my bunk and Harry soon joined me on the bus, calling for me. He pulled back the curtain and laid beside me.

"Liam didn't mean that Lou. You're still sick, so don't worry about it." I just nodded and eventually fell asleep, which was nice, as I was super tired.

I was woken up the next morning and my voice was back to normal for the most part.

"Here darlin'." He handed me a pill and a glass of water. "Your antibiotics. How's your voice this morning?"

"Better" I smiled and so did Harry, taking the glass from me and putting it on the side table.

"Sounds much better." He said

"It does."

I stayed on vocal rest for the rest of the week until the next concert and my voice was back to normal. I eased back into singing, like the doctor said, and by the time I finished my antibiotics, my voice was as good as new and I was back to crushing the high notes.