broom sex

"LOTTIE!" Dean laughed, joining me from behind. "I heard Malfoy saying you're high- are you actually?"

"I was." I grinned, linking my other arm through his. I was starting to like this whole friend thing.

The sun poked through the clouds a bit and it felt glorious. Hermione had gathered a halo of hair and smirked at Dean's surprise.

"No way!!!" He gassed, looking around. He was a head taller than me and beautiful. "A bit bold for the first fucking day. I can only imagine what you'll be doing by next term-"

I laughed, head thrown back in the gold-grey sky.

"Okay, relax, it wasn't just me." I snitched, nodding my head back to a blinking Harry and Ron on a low. "Did it with the boys."

"Nice-" Dean slapped their hands in a cool way, leaving me and Hermione alone. "Next time invite me-"

But we were not in peace for more than two seconds before some familiar white-cool hair poked up in front of us.

"So you were actually high?" Malfoy asked, inquisitive as he walked backwards, hands still jammed in his pockets.

His mates dithered beside him, but nowhere near as smoothly and I still didn't know their names. I just shrugged, not sure if he was trying to catch me out or what.

"Fair enough." he nodded, seemingly impressed.

"Going to run to Snape again, Malfoy?" Hermione rolled her eyes, not looking up from the timetable in her free hand.

"Why are you speaking to me Granger?" He snorted, looking down at our hands held together. "Jealous me and Nitter are going on a date later?"

"DATE?" Hermione and I gasped in unison.

"Yeah- Snape's room, eight o'clock."

"Haha, funny joke Malfoy," I grinned. "But we all know it's us two you're gunna fantasise about when you wank your lonely self to bed tonight."

"You wish." He sneered, looking round for his boy's support. "I've got a girlfriend you know."

"Yeah Malfoy, we know." I groaned back. "You tried to flex that on the train here too. But it's fucking Pansy, she's so dumb she still thinks babies are dropped off by bloody storks. You WISH she knew how to fuck."

We'd reached the Great Hall now and so ended the chat with a quick middle finger from both parties and headed our separate ways.

Slumping at the Gryffindor table, my throat was sore and thick from smoke.

"Why was Draco talking to you two AGAIN?" Harry asked, actually just pissed off Snape had given him a zero for his potion.

Instead of answering, Hermione looked at me strangely.

"He was basically threatening me about us being in detention this evening." I sighed, earning a pat on the back from Ron.

"What a fucking snake." He growled, mouth full of angry Shepard's pie. "Who finds out someone's smoked weed and then tries to tell the teacher?? Even HERMIONE didn't do that."

"What do you mean EVEN me Ron," She glared, dropping her silver fork to the table.

He made wild hand gestures to to explain himself.

"I was the one having to HOLD YOU ALL back in History of Magic-" Hermione continued, interrupted by Ron insisting that he'd been absolutely fine, in-fact she should just ask Padma who'd found him "cool as fuck".

"Could you two, for ONCE just SHUT THE FUCK UP?" Harry snapped, grabbing his shit and leaving us.

"Bloody hell, well done Hermione." Ron continued, poking her with his wand and dropping potato out his mouth as he did.

"Ron, you disgusting-"

They didn't hear me when I explained I was going to find Harry, so I left them to flirt and followed him up towers until we were nearly underneath the Divination trapdoor.

"Hey, Chosen One." I said solemnly, sitting down next to him and his dark spiky hair on one of the smaller staircases which didn't move.

We were so high up, looking down on the magical cavern of windows, stairs and alive paintings which formed the hallways of Hogwarts. It was surprisingly peaceful and quiet, our legs dangling miles away from the stone ground.

"Hey, Nutter." Harry said back plainly, not looking up from his long ungrounded feet.

"What're you thinking?" I asked, arm pressed against his. The wind was almost being funnelled up the building and I felt a breeze up my robe despite specifically wearing pants today.

"Uh." Harry had always been awkward, pushing his horrifically ugly wired glasses up his nose and stuttering his words. I'd taken him to get new ones two years ago but at the last minute he'd decided it was part of the Harry Potter 'aesthetic' and he could hardly change them. I was glad he hadn't.

"Well... Sirius."

"Naturally."

"Voldemort."

"Understandable."

"Everyone thinks I'm an attention-seeking liar."

"Who gives a shit, you know what happened, you've got the Order sorting things out, and you've got us making sure this year of Hogwarts is the best yet!"

"Mm." He grinned. "Being high in a History of Magic was unreal."

"You made that pretty clear, you caused such a fucking scene mid lesson." I giggled and he blushed. "But yeah, it felt incredible. Didn't affect our learning either cus we wouldn't have listened anyway, if anything it was more productive than usual."

Harry nodded happily.

"About You-Know-Who being back, obviously we can't do anything about that." I nudged him... "Is there something else?"

"Um..." Harry wouldn't look up from his dress shoes and shifted in his spot. "Cho." he eventually sighed, rolling his eyes and looking the other way.

"That's more like it." I cheered, play punching him in the arm and bigging him up. "Yes Harry! You gunna ask her to the Autumn Gambol?"

"I want to but I can't, not after last year."

"Yeah but you've got no competition now Cedric's fucking dead." I said before slamming my hand over my mouth.

"A bit insensitive..." Harry contemplated. "But true."

"How're you gunna do it?" I asked, so grateful he hadn't gotten upset there.

"Uhh... I could ask her at dinner today?"

"No, way too early you'll look desperate." I was shaking my head. "Plus, boring. You need a cool way to ask her. For example, let's say you were playing the Ravenclaws in Quidditch this weekend, you could go for the snitch at the same time as their seeker, Cho, and she'd accidentally wrap her hands around yours. When your fingers touch, you'd stop in the air as the fireworks go off celebrating a Gryffindor win and spell out DANCE? Cho would nod yes and you'd fuck up there on broomsticks in front of the crowds. You see what I mean?" I let out a small snort there and me and Harry both descended into laughter.

"Jesus christ you got into that-" Harry chortled next to me.

I held my head in my arms, accidentally dropping a clip of mine down the cliff drop to the ground. "Cus it took you fucking AGES to realise I was joking!!!"

"I'll ask her to practice quidditch with me this weekend, how about that? I can ask her there. It'll be really pretty early in the morning too."

"Only if you have broom-stick sex after."

"I mean... if she wants it-" And we both giggled again.

"Who are you going to the dance with?" Harry bluntly asked after we'd regained ourselves.

My chest suddenly flung with fear and nerves. Who would I go with?

Rapidly I filled with regret for Dean. His foundation-less skin, deeper than the dimples of his cheeks and it's feel on my hands then my lips. I missed the little digs he made with his wand and play fighting with him in lessons. But he was happier now.

Fuck. I felt so lonely suddenly that tears kicked off at my eyes.