Castelli~Chapter 13

Henry helped me out of the carriage yet again, and I tried to let the beauty before us soak in. There was an elegant water fall made of white marble with carvings of angles, roses, symbols, and all sorts of shapes. It was breathtaking. Then I looked up at the pulchritudinous palace, and felt my heart twinge when I noticed a white wall surrounding everything like a fishbowl. I tore my gaze from the wall to look at the palace's architecture. My eyes craved to look at everything at once, but it was just too much to take in.

The ground was covered in grass, flowers (with more colors than imaginable), and a few twisting paths made of grand stones. Henry stayed by the carriages as a male servant walked over to escort us. "You're service isn't necessary at the moment, Dennis, but I care for the thought." The servant nodded, and let us take a few more steps ahead of him. 

Large, magnificent doors blocked our entrance, but they were opened as soon as we walked near them. Everything seemed to hold a blue-ish tint, and a shimmering glow.

I trailed behind Evangeline, trying to take everything in. The outdoor design has nothing on the interior. Maids and servants have already been decorating the palace with bows, streamers, balloons, tables, banners, ect. I tried not to blink, but then I got watery eyes which made me blink even more.

I walked faster, and stepped on my gown nearly tripping, to catch up with Evangeline. "Where's Ivan?" I asked. "Being adored and cared for by at least 20 maidens, you mustn't fret Violett. Everything is running as planned. Now." Evangeline gave me the elevator glance. " We must get you fitted for a nice gown." Was all she said before she stormed off, and I tried to follow.

I was growing tired of this dress, because it was way too flexible, and seemed to hug my legs all the way down to my ankle.  I followed Evangeline through the radiant hallways, until she stopped and I nearly bumped into her. "Do mind where you're going, Violett."

She knocked on the door, and it was instantly opened by an old woman with white hair, blue eyes, and round glasses. "Morning, Lady Evangeline." Evangeline nodded, and gestured towards me. "I've brought Violett here with me all the way down from Emilie. She is indeed the fairest one among them all." I awkwardly smiled without showing my teeth. Evangeline turned to me. "Violett, meet Mistress Roslyn. She'll see to your fitting." She gave a final nod, and stormed away leaving me to a complete stranger. "Hello." I murmured.

After Roslyn urged me inside, and measured about every part of my body, she came back with a book of different fabrics. She told me which colors looked good with my skin, matched my eyes, or showed off my hair. Roslyn told me to avoid bright colors, and that the dark ones complemented my physical features.

After that Roslyn sent me with a servant to go search for bedroom. We walked down curving hallways, and finally ended up at an empty room.

I turned the door knob, and opened the door. A large window let in the rays of sunlight that lit up the whole room perfectly, and caused me to cover my eyes. Fine curtains were layered on each side of the window, so you can close them if you desire privacy. An extensive cream bed with lots of covers, and an abundance amount of pillows, was placed in the left side of the room. 

An excessive table was placed next to a tidy crimson chair with golden vertical lines. There was a widespread closet, a dresser, and a towering mirror without any visible marks. I turned around to thank the servant, but I was greeted by an empty gap.

I took a few steps into the room, and looked down at the floor which seemed to give the whole area its elegant grace. The floor was a soft marble shade, appeared somewhat creamy, and was so smooth that it barely had any friction.

I yearned to dance at that exact moment, to retrace all of the ballroom steps I had learned in the human world. I had loved to dance. I learned ballet, the swing, tap dancing, you name it I know it. I just couldn't get a grip on what style of dancing they were doing at Liam's party. I felt like a foreign country. Even if I did dance, my dress would not make it as simple as it is.