Chapter 16: Confession of a Tiger: Just for today

Chapter 16

“Sandy?” I look up and saw Aron. I smiled and waited him to speak. I was about to go out in our room when he called me.

He scratches his nape. “I won’t be home until 8. I still have things to do for the upcoming event for this month. I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s okay. I can go home alone.”

“No, you can’t. As long as I want you to stay and wait for me but I know you’ll get bored.” He look at my back as if he saw a light. He widen his eyes and quickly call the person in my back. “Wait! Baekho!”

Baekho? I turn around and saw a familiar features frowning.

“Huh? Why?” he ask innocently. Aron pulled his arms.

“Please bring Sandy home for me.” Baekho stared at me for a second before nodding. “Alright, then.”

He did his long lecture- telling me I should rest when I got home, ignore the dishes and lock all the doors to make sure no one will enter. I absentmindedly nodded even if I’m too irritated in his words. I can’t still ignore him. I know that he’s just worried about me. But it reaches too much. Too much like he’s my boyfriend.

I shook my head on the thoughts.

“Sandy, are you listening?”

“Yes, of course. Can we go? Uhm, you might as well go too. It seems that you have lot of things to do.”

He checked his watch and nodded. “Right. See you later. Be careful.” He patted Baekho’s shoulder.

On the way to his car, Baekho didn’t say anything. Now I’m sure he has problem. Usually he’s very bubbly when we’re together.

“Baekho..”

“Hmm?” he answered without looking at me. I watched him open his car for me.

“Uh, are you…okay?” he stared for me in a minute and smile. But that smile is not sincere.

“Yeah.” And he started the engine. Good thing is, they are all 19 so they can drive.

I tried to start a conversation because it seems that he won’t open up.

“Where’s the others? You’re alone when we saw you.”

“Ren and Jr has an errand to do. Same goes with Minhyun. He’ll be staying with his sister.”

“And you?”

“What about me?”

“Are you serious? You won’t say it?” he frown.

“Say.. What?”

I sighed and look at him intently. “I thought I am your friend. Now that they are not with you, you can still talk to me because I am your friend. I’m a good listener.”

“You won’t understand.”

“And why not?”

“I just know..”