Chapter Forty

Mulai dari awal

There on the ceiling, sitting in the darkness was a black figure pointing a bow and arrow in their direction or more in Zuko's direction.

Then the figure let the arrow fly, Mai kicked up their thick blanket and grabbed Zuko before rolling them off the bed and landing on the floor. The arrow hit the spot where Zuko lay previously and this made Mai glare up at the figure who was making his way to the door, she threw a shuriken in his direction but missed him by a few centimeters.

"Wha-what's going on?". Zuko asked groggily.

Mai turned to him and saw him try to get up.

"Someone tried to kill you".

That snapped him out of his grogginess and he flashed a glance at her.

"WHAT?!".

..........................................

Sen heard the commotion from Zuko and Mai's room and he picked up pace as he ran toward it, he came to a stop when he noticed a black figure running in the opposite direction. The figure also came to a stop when he noticed the white haired airbender, he drew an arrow and fired at him to which Sen sidestepped.

The figure took off in a different hall. Sen cursed but then looked surprised when he saw blue flames knock the figure to the ground with a heavy thud.

"What makes you think you can sneak into my Palace unnoticed?". Sen heard Azula say.

He ran into the different hall and saw Azula towering over the figure who was beginning to shake in fear. The figure then pulled out something and threw it to the ground which caused a bright flash and temporarily blinded them both.

Toph approached them with Katara, Suki, Mai and Zuko and the rest of the group in tow.

"What's going on?". Sokka asked.

"Someone tried to kill Zuko". Mai said.

"What?!". Aang exclaimed.

"There's more than one". Azula spoke up.

"Which direction did he head off in?". Suki asked.

"Courtyard".

"Good. We can cut him off". Zuko said.

.........................................

The figure ran through the courtyard and stuck to the shadows to avoid the patrolling guards, he made his way to the royal garden where he met two other black figures who were waiting on him. He stopped a few feet in front of them and breathed heavily.

"Did you do it?". One asked.

"No, that knife lady got him out of bed before my arrow even hit its mark". The figure said,"She was that fast".

"Dang, let's get outta here befo-". The third figure was cut off before a tendril of water hit him from the side and froze him to a wall.

"I don't think so!". Katara's voice said.

"Oh no! It's the water witch". The second figure said.

They both turned to see the entire group approaching them with deadly glares, they immediately knew that they were outmatched. As a last resort, they fired their arrows but Mai threw her shurikens and they collided with the arrows which made them land somewhere else, Toph took that opportunity to earthbend them up to their necks and held them in place.

"Who are you?". Aang asked.

Sokka approached them and pulled their masks off, they had ancient tattoos on their faces that were red in color.