Spoiled Milk and Robot Movies

~~~ Were back! And by we I mean me. So unfortunately these updates might come a bit less frequently because I've taken over How To Train Your What?! Completely until Glitter Giraffe finishes her story 'Bows Before Bros'. Also I was looking at the demographics and I've got narwhals all over the world! Let me just say to you Greek narwhals, your mythoogy rocks!~~~

The mindless chatter of the television mindlessly as a background sound as Wasabi, Honey, Fred, and I sat around it, only half paying attention to the movie playing. Something about a robotic girl falling in love with a human. I'm sure it would be an amusing movie, and we would all be laughing if we weren't lost in our own thoughts.

"I'm thirsty." Honey finally said, breaking the tender silence. She turned to me, a strand of blonde hair falling from the bun atop her head. "Is there anything to drink?"

"There's a thing of milk in the fridge." I sighed and pointed from my seat on the couch to the little kitchenette where a pitifully gray fridge sat in between a sink and a cherry wood cabinet.

"Thanks." She sighed and got up. The weekly movies had been her idea, after we all'd had a long night in the lab. Honey had proposed to take the next day off and watch a movie that evening. Since then, we all gathered at Tadashi and mine's apartment to watch whatever movie name was drawn from Fred's beanie.

Now it just felt stupid, though. I looked glumly at the other side of the couch, where an empty space stared back at me. Tadashi had always been the one to occupy that spot, with Fred perched on the sofa's arm, back to back with him. Wasabi and Honey would take seats on the floor, him with various pillows and her with the black beanbag that she would always drag from my room.

"GoGo." Honey called from the kitchen. "Can you come here for a moment?" With an exaggerated sigh I lifted myself from the spot on the couch and trudged to her.

"What do you want, Honey?" I asked, eyes flickering between her and the screen.

She took the milk carton and poured its contents into a solo cup. Instead of a creamy liquid a lumpy cottage cheese collection landed in the cup with a squish. "This needs to stop."

"I can get more milk." I rolled my eyes and turned to walk back to the living room. "It's not a big deal.

"No, GoGo." She grabbed me by the arm and spun me around to face her. For once she wasn't wearing the ridiculously high heels she seemed to love so much, so now she was only one head taller than me. "It is a big deal. Ever since the fire you've been cranky, short tempered, and mean. And it's worse then ever now. Look, I know you loved Tadashi, we all did-"

"Honey," I warned, trying to keep my voice in a neutral tone. "You really shouldn't lecture me on my life before you know the whole story. I appreciate your concern but you don't know anything about what I'm going through."

Before I could leave she took a small step closer. "Than help me to."

Ever since the day we had all seen Tadashi on the quarantined island I had stopped wearing my ring. It didn't seem . . . Right. And I had already opened up to Fred and all that I had from that experience was an awkward silence whenever we were left in a room together. Sentimental as it might be, I wanted to keep Honey as a friend.

Sure, she could be annoyingly perky at times, okay, a lot of times. But at the same time she was also my only girl friend. For some reason most of the other girls I've met found me 'unapproachable' and had 'anger issues'. So what if I said what I believed in . . . Loudly. It's not like it actually hurt anyone.

"Please, Leiko." Honey urged. Her hazel eyes shined in the harsh lighting of my apartment. It made her tan skin look pale and her yellow hair, colorless. I didn't like it. Honey Lemon was supposed to be a bright ball of sunshine and laughter, with enough brains to make up for it. She was not supposed to look like a canvas, with muted colors that could hardly be seen.

"Come on." I sighed finally and dragged her to my room. The door slammed shut behind us, but Wasabi and Fred didn't flinch at all.