𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Ten fifty-eight," said Mr. Weasley as he looked at the clock overhead. "Come on, come on!"

"Train will be leaving any moment!" Shrieked Mrs. Weasley.

King's Cross station was packed with people and avoiding them wasn't getting any easier with your trolley. A group of tourists gave you funny looks because of your owl but you pay them no mind when you and the Weasleys were in a rush.

Everyone had been up at dawn on September first and yet despite being so early the start of the day was already hectic. Everyone was scrambling to get dressed and eat, resulting in a lot of people colliding at the stairs. You almost got knocked over the railings by a half-dressed George if not for Percy who caught you in time. By the time everyone got ready, you were running late and tempers were high.

Dashing across the station, you finally reach the barrier dividing platforms nine and ten. Platform nine and three-quarters was a seemingly solid barrier in which you could vanish through. You had to be extra careful so Muggles wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary. You remember your father wanting to go through the barrier multiple times if not for your mother restraining him.

"Fred, George, Percy, you first."

Percy strode forward and vanished followed by Fred and George. Mrs. Weasley urges Ginny to go next, and she only hesitated for a second before running after her brothers.

"I'll see you on the train," you said quickly to Ron and Harry before going through the barrier.

The Hogwarts Express whistled just as you appear on the other side. The cloud of smoke the train emitted hangs over your head like a veil as you push your trolley forward, being careful not to accidentally hit any cats on the way. The first few carriages were already full and some students were even fighting over seats.

You lost contact with any of the Weasleys in the bustling crowd. You didn't spot any of your friends as well, so you go further down the platform until you found an empty compartment at the end of the train. You place your owl inside first to claim the spot before lifting your trunk up the steps. It barely passed the train door before you dropped it on the ground, panting heavily. Carrying it inside with pure muscle alone wasn't going to work.

"Need any help?" A deep voice with an Irish accent spoke behind you.

It was a boy with black hair. His expression was impassive, and add that to his tall height and broad shoulders, he looked rather intimidating.

You gulp down your nervousness. "Yes, please," you mutter almost inaudibly before you clear your throat. "I-I mean, If it's no trouble at all. With you."

You press your lips into a thin line, feeling your face heat up when the boy raises an eyebrow at you.

So much for keeping your cool.

With his help, you were able to push your trunk inside. Due to rushing yourself that morning, you didn't take notice of the way you flimsily flicked your latch earlier, so when you gave it a hefty pull it unlatched itself and almost all of its contents spill on the train's floor.

"Crud!" You yelp, hastily collecting your clothes before carelessly dumping them back into your open trunk without a glance.

In your peripheral vision, you see the boy kneeling and picking up some of your stuff.

"Here," he said, offering your quill and rolls of parchments, as well as Oliver's scarf. He looks at it for a second before glancing back at you when you profusely thanked him.