two

LOVE IS A BITCHTWO FEET

LOVE IS A BITCH
TWO FEET

The next day, I'm surprised to see the sheriff's cruiser outside of Monarch Magazine

The next day, I'm surprised to see the sheriff's cruiser outside of Monarch Magazine. Warily, I entered the building. I walk toward the receptionist, looking over my shoulder every few seconds as discreetly as possible.

"Good morning, I'm here to meet Mr. Matthew Taylor," I supply to the lady behind the desk.

"What's your name?" She returns a sour look my way.

"Genesis Ferreira Kennedy." I use both my father's and mother's last names for everything. Though something tells me, I'll probably be scheduled as Genesis Ferreira. She places her attention on her desktop. I hear the clicking on the keyboard as she types.

"I'm sorry you're not on the schedule. Are you sure you were told it was today?" She fakes a sugary sweetness.

"Yes, I'm sure," I reply. "Mr. Taylor himself asked me to come in today."

"I will have to verify with him. He's assisting the Sheriff right now. Why don't you go sit down in the lobby?" She fakes yet another smile. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at her.

"No problem. Thank you."

I go sit in the lobby, taking the chair directly across from her. I glance at her for a long while before I decide, and smile to myself. It's perfect. She is to be dad's next doll. I wait approximately five minutes more before I hear him. Sense him.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Taylor," the Sheriff says while shaking Matthew's hand. "If you think of anything else, you know where to find us."

"Of course. Thank you, Sheriff Starke," Matthew replies.

The Sheriff and his deputy officer beeline towards the door of the building. I watch them walk towards their car. I watch them drive off. When they do, I finally relax. Then I feel his eyes on me. I'm compelled to look. Matthew Taylor holds a small smirk on his lips. I can't help but smile at him.

"Miss. Genesis Kennedy." Matthew walks toward me. His smirk transforms into a smile that seems to grow with every step he takes.

I rise from my seat to greet him. "Mr. Taylor."