A Dance and a Kiss to Remember

Start from the beginning

He danced like his life depended on it. Before the song ended he coaxed her to lean back with her arms fanned out behind her like a bird, and he took her waist in both hands and spun her around.

The song finally ended and he caught Levy in a dip.

The whole guild clapped at them except Natsu, Gray, and Jellal, who frowned up at him, clearly displeased with the battle they had just lost.

Gajeel smirked at them from onstage, then lifted Levy back up off the stage.

"Did you really have to get so carried away?"

"What? I had to beat those morons."

They stepped down and resumed sitting at the bar, where they sat together and talked and laughed a few hours.

Levy yawned and tried to keep her eyes from totally closing. "Are you tired, shortie?"

She blinked sleepily, "Yeah, kind of ."

" We'll let's go, I'll walk you home."

"Thanks Gajeel."

They stepped away from the bar and before they knew it, planted into an invisible wall.

The wall shimmered and bright purple writing appeared on it

"What is this?" Gajeel growled pounding his fists on the barrier.

"Freed!" Levy called to the green haired mage, who stood by Mira and looked at the couple who stood behind the wall.

"Sorry but I'm afraid you can't leave until you obey the rules, Mirajane asked me to write this rune barrier."

Levy huffed and looked over the rune signs which glowed in the wall still, reading it aloud.

"Those behind this barrier will not be released until..." her face turned bright red "until... they meet lips."

"What!"Gajeel was wide eyed

"We have to kiss. Mira! Why did you do this to us? Why not the others?"

But her question was answered as she looked around the room. Elfman and Evergreen exchanged over by the door, Gray and Juvia were kissing in a dark corner of the room.

Jellal kissed Erza, who was sitting on the table, and Natsu and Lucy took theirselves outside as she saw them smooching through a window.

"They didn't need our help." Freed said, him and Mira grinning evilly.

Levy turned to Gajeel, "I can decode this, maybe, if you want, but it might take several hours."

"No ones asking you to do that." He smirked.

He must be enjoying this.

"Hmm," she said tapping her chin, moving closer to him, "I guess it couldn't hurt, and it's the only way out." She smiled.

He put his hands on her waist "I guess since we have to."

He pulled her in and she drew her face up close to his, he could smell her strawberry scent.

There lips touched and savored the moment, melting into each other and enjoying every second of it.

Neither knew how long it was before they broke apart, it could've been forever.

The whole guild erupted in cheers and catcalls.

      The two just stood, looking at each other. "Wow shrimp," he said, resting his elbow on top of her head, " I would have asked you sooner if I knew it would be that good." she laughed.

    Mira giggled, lowering the camera down to her face, "That was great, I'm definitely saving this one."

    "Hmm," Levy smiled , "it flashed and I didn't even notice."

.......................

    After the dance battle, Natsu noticed Lucy becoming a little dizzy and allowed her to step outside, he followed.

      "Man," Natsu pouted, "I can't believe we lost."  Lucy giggled, "it's fine, I just can't believe it got so serious, I never expected that from Gajeel."

   "He was okay."

"Don't worry, if it helps, the flames were a nice touch." she said shivering

"It would be nice if we could have some now." she rubbed her arms.

     "Are you cold?"

   "Yeah, a little."

   He unwrapped the white and black muffler from around his neck( yes he even wore it with his suit) then handed it to Lucy.

"Here you go."

    "Thank you." she took the scarf gratefully, snuggling up against it."I guess I should have brought a jacket or something." 

    "Nah, " Natsu said, "it would cover up your pretty dress."

    "Aww, Natsu." she said.

   "Man I wish it was the season for mistletoe."

    "Why?"

  "Because" he said, " it seems like a really nice moment to kiss you."

She blushed, "W-we don't need mistletoe to make it one."

    He grinned, then wrapped his arms around her and drew her close,,Well alright then."

He pushed his lips against hers, claiming her lips in his. She closed her eyes, enjoying the moment.

It felt as if they were seeping into each other, melting into each other's skin and filling the blood in each other's veins.

      They finally broke apart when an applause startled them. They peered through the window to see Gajeel and Levy kissing each other, none too violently like them, but soft and sweet.

       Natsu cheered "Alright metal face!"

    "That's adorable, now that I think about it, those two would make an adorable couple. It seems like they have kinda always liked each other."

   "Eh, don't mind them," Natsu said, "I liked how we were going on there for a second."

    "Oh really," she said.

   "Really." he brought his face up to hers and whispered into her lips before he kissed them, "I love you."

    She let her eyes flutter shut and her mind float away, only living in that moment, just her and Natsu.