Chapter 59

Olly's POV

So much for a good ass weekend... shit was short lived. Classes are boring as shit, I mean I'm okay with the subjects but damn at least look like was your first choice.

Me and Matt were throwing paper balls at eachother during English until phone line for the classroom went off and we played it cool.

"Mhm, yes... Mhm, I see. I'll send her," our teacher asserts and he darts his eyes at me.

Yo... I didn't even do anything. It's Monday, literally nobody likes Mondays- not even me. Why would I make everyone suffer and then I suffer along with them for putting that much effort?

"Marshall, you're being sent home early. Family emergency," he briefly stated and my heart fluttered.

I saluted to the class and everyone looked just as concerned as I was. I threw down my penny board from my backpack and jumped on it, using my force as a speed boost down the hallway. I really hope everything is okay.

I zipped and swerved through every hallway until I made it to the front office. I saw my mom waiting for me and her eyes lit up.

"Thank goodness you're here. Come now, we have no time to waste," she spun on her heel. The people at the front desk waved goodbye and I saw Nicole peek out her office door looking somewhat concerned.

'I'll text you' I mouthed at her and she nodded.

I turn back to follow up with my mom to the car and she looked serious. Like dead serious. I hope nothing's wrong with dad.

~~~

Bruh we've been driving for a few hours, are we even in the same zip code?

"Mom, what's going on?" I broke the silence in the car ride.

"Oh nothing sweetie," she brushed me off lightly.

The way everyone was looking at me at school didn't look like nothing... hell, even Nicole looked worried. I mean I sure am.

"Family emergencies aren't nothing," I growled impatiently.

My mom lets out a heavy sigh as we pull up to some place I've never in my life since I've lived Florida have been to.

"I need you to come dress shopping. I want you to be my maid of honor," she jingled her keys as she chirped.

Wait- what?!

"This is your family emergency?! Shopping?!" I yelled furiously. For the love of God, please. Just please tell me she's lying.

"You wear a lot of baggy clothes and the only thing that are slim fit are your ripped jeans. I needed to be more precise," she says as she gets out the car.

"You are unbelievable! I thought something had happened to dad, here I am missing out on my education for a fucking dress," I grumbled.

My mom was amused with my temper and scoffed, "like you actually want to get an education, what do you even plan on doing when you graduate?"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm helping dad out at the shop. I'm gonna be a mechanic just like him," I crossed my arms and walked beside her as she led the way around the plaza.

"Both of you are sad. You know you're father was suppose to be an international engineer?"

I gave her my full attention when she said that and she nodded.