ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx

"Please take your seats diligently. May I suggest we sit following the desk order" Iida spoke as he stood in front of his classmates, vigorously signalling to the big bus behind him.
Everyone excitedly loaded their luggage in the bottom of the bus and chatted between each other, ignoring the class rep completely.

"I can't believe we get to go" Kaminari and Mina exclaimed, high fiving each other. Y/n grabbed both of their heads and rubbed them with her hands, a big smile palstered on her face.
She had been worried about some of her best friends not making it, but apparently Aizawa had lied about not everyone going, even though they would be participating in extra lessons there.

"I don't care if I have to study all night, at least we get to go" they continued, high fiving each other again before enjoying the attention Y/n was giving them.
Y/n let go of the two of them and noticed Uraraka approaching Izuku, her cheeks red as she eyed Aoyama who stood a certain distance away, minding his own business.

Hm, he must have said something to her, I wonder what it is. I should really talk to Uraraka more especially after-

"Y/n" her train of thoughts was interrupted by a voice calling her. She had learned to recognise and unconsciously react to that voice by now.
She turned to face the heterochromatic boy, her face showing the excitement she was feeling in that moment.

Training Camp with the class is probably the best thing right now

"What is it Shoto?" she asked, moving towards him. He looked down at the ground for a second, then turned his gaze back up to her, his eyes showing determination.

"Will you sit with me?" he asked. Mina, eyed the two speak from behind Denki's shoulder, a big smirk appearing on her face as she finally connected all the dots.
Y/n liked Shoto, it was obvious, but apparently not obvious enough to her or to him. But from what Mina could see, he didn't seem at all bothered by her, in fact, if she recalled correctly, it almost seemed like he had quite the soft spot for her.

Y/n's eyes sparkled at his words and she nodded vigorously, grabbing his wrist and pulling him on the bus, where a few of their classmates already were. As the two of them moved, everyone else started filing in to the bus, excited about going on this 'holiday'.
Shoto followed Y/n to the back of the bus, directly opposite to where Denki and Sero would be sitting, Kirishima and Bakugo in front of them.
Y/n let Shoto sit near the window as she noticed his tired expression.

"Did you not get much sleep last night?" she asked, eyeing him.

Shoto had spent the past few nights thinking about what his sister had told him, even though there wasn't exactly much to go on and he hadn't solved anything by doing so.

"I had a lot on my mind" Shoto said, resting his head on the window. Y/n nodded understandingly.

I wonder if it has to do with his father?

As the bus driver ignited the engine, Shoto let out a small yawn, making Y/n let out a small giggle. There were moments like this one where Y/n would completely forget about Shoto being the boy who had burnt her and had risked taking her quirk away, or that he was the boy who had been scarred and hurt by his family. In these moments, he seemed like a normal boy feeling normal emotions.
Y/n smiled as she saw his eyelids close and open lazily, as if he was fighting to stay awake.

"Hey Shoto" she said, grabbing his attention. She pointed at him and then patted her lap. He looked at her questioningly, not understanding what she meant.

"Y/n I don't think sitting on you will make this ride any more comfortable-"

"No, idiot, lie down, you can rest your head on me, you'll get a sore neck if you sleep on the window" she said. His gaze lowered down to her thighs on the seat and then moved back up to her face slowly. A light dust of pink was sprinkled on his cheeks, moving his body so he was in a comfortable position to lie down in.
He softly put his head on her legs and rested his hand near his face, just above her knee.
Y/n looked down at the peaceful boy and had a soft smile on her face. She knitted her fingers in to his hair. At first he tensed up, not used to feeling such a soft touch on him. It took him a few seconds to adjust and Y/n kept still until he gave her a small nod. She slowly kneeded her fingers against his head and through his hair, softly rubbing away another layer of fear and sadness that had veiled over him for so long without even realising it. The last time Shoto had felt anywhere near this relaxed when falling asleep, was when Y/n had wished him sweet dreams in a text. That now seemed incomparable to this.