:: twenty-seven ::

"i think i want to go home now." george jumped down from the counter, now standing in front of the blonde.

dream nodded tilting his head in the direction of the door, "after you."

dream loved the idea of always having george in his view, it might have been a comfort thing, maybe even a protective thing. george looked peaceful in the most relaxing way possible.

his profile was astonishing, his nose curved gingerly in contrast to his chiseled cheekbones, with the pink of his cheeks mirroring the pink of his lips. dream had to convince himself i'd be in his best interest to look away.

"i should tell sapnap we're leaving?" dream more asked then stated, he didn't want to leave george's side. instead of protesting like dream hoped he would george just simply stopped walking to the door.

"go on, i'll be right here."

dream smiled, "i'll be quick i promise." he turned around, determined to find sapnap as quick as he possibly could. he decided to check out back first, since the other never seemed to venture very far into the house. low and behold there sapnap was laying in the grass next to quackity.

"me and george are gonna leave now."

dream decided against asking what was going on. sapnap nodded his head.

"thank you for not fucking on my bed, i respect that. have fun, don't forget to use protection." from the floor spoke quackity. dream rolled his eyes, smile on his face, stepping back into the house to make his way to george.

**

"i think i left my hoodie in quackity's room." dream stopped walking in the middle of the sidewalk, george stopping right after him, turning to stare.

"i also think you left your hoodie in quackity's room." he gestured to dream's exposed arms.

dream rubbed his lips together, "hmm. well..."

"don't worry we'll be at my apartment in no time."

dream nodded, taking a few steps to walk beside the older. dream could feel the heat radiating off of george onto his side, he just wanted to crawl into the other's warmth. the blonde was over aware of how many times their shoulders brushed against each other. he tried not to count.

"here we are, casa de george." george began unlocking the door to his apartment.

"what are you, bilingual?"

"no. i think i learned more spanish in the four years of french class that i took, then i learned actual french." george pushed open the door and began removing his shoes. dream mimicked the behavior.

"public schooling." dream spoke, enticing a giggle from the other.

he followed george into the warmth of his apartment. they put their shoes by the door and george threw himself face first onto the couch. dream sat down more gentle than the other.

"dream, i'd offer you something to eat but my roommate has yet to buy anything." george's face stayed pressed into the cushion. dream smiled.

"why don't you buy something yourself, then?"

george groaned, "too heavy." that's when he lifted his head. "would you want to come with?"

walking around the aisles of a store listening to quiet music with george didn't seem to have any downsides. he nodded his head, "sure why not."

"wait really? then you have to stay for dinner."

getting to spend more time with george was priceless in his book.

george shot up from the couch and ran into the kitchen. dream could hear him opening and closing cabinets, rummaging around for who knows what. dream scanned the room. nothing was out of place, it looked un-lived in, everything was so neat. as much as his mom tried, his house would never be this clean.

george returned from the kitchen with a frown.

"there's literally nothing."

"george, it's okay we can get everything you need."

the older huffed. "alright fine."

dream stood from the couch walking to the door to put on his sneakers. "by any chance would you have a hoodie that i could borrow?" he turned to george, who looked to be thinking, then disappeared into the hallway. dream stood at the door waiting for him to return.

"catch." george threw the sweatshirt at dream. after the blonde caught the fabric he stared at it in his hands. it was the very sweatshirt that he had given to george the day they ran from the cops. dream nearly forgot it existed.

"this hoodie has seen some shit."

george shook his head and rolled his eyes. dream could remember everything that happened when he wore that sweatshirt, he wondered if george felt the same, if he had ever worn it after that night. dream pulled it over his head. instead of smelling like his detergent like it always had before, in place of it, the hoodie smelt like george.

he watched as george put on his shoes and then they stepped back out into the world.

"what are you planning on making for dinner?" dream loved the domestic sense of the question.

"i actually have no idea. hopefully i get some inspiration."

they walked down a sidewalk stealing glances at each other. dream could feel his cheeks burning against the wind.

"i'm glad you came to the party."

george turned to the blonde. "i actually stayed way longer than i was planning."

dream turned to face george, they shared a smile. "well i'm glad you did, because otherwise i would've had to deal with that girl."

george turned away from him and rolled his eyes. "you say it like that would be a bad thing."

"you didn't feel the way she was touching me, i think she was trying to kill me."

george turned to dream with a smile on his face, "do you think everyone is out to kill you?"

dream pondered, pressing a finger to his chin. "that depends. are you trying to kill me?"

george laughed.

"that's not very reassuring george."

"i'm not planning on it, no."

so they laughed together, at something that wasn't exactly funny.