Help found

How I imagine James.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, look who's home?" I freeze at my mother's voice. I turn around to see her and a muscular boy next to her, I spin around to run to my room but see a man standing in my way. "I thought you'd come back and when you did I would give you so much pain so I brought home two men, they get to restrain you while I hurt you." She said as a smirk made it's way onto their faces. "No please, I didn't mean what I said earlier. I swear."  I said as I squirmed to get out of their grip. She brought out a whip and slashed at my hips and shoulders leaving cuts, I brought up my leg and kicked her in the stomach. "How dare you!!! Boys take her to her room and lay her on her bed." My eyes widened as she finished speaking. What is she going to do to me? I thought as I tried to break free of their grip but they just tightened their hold. My curtains were wide open and I think I just saw someone staring at me, I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I was now lying on my bed. "Let me go, please." I begged they just smirked and stood there. "Now as your punishment for kicking me, I am going to press this to your waist." She said as she walked in. "No, no please." But my protests were of no use, she lifted my top and pressed the steaming spatula to my waist.

I let out a scream that was muffled by a sweaty hand that had been clamped down onto my mouth. "Come on boys let's go." She said laughing with them, tears welled up in my eyes. I slammed the door shut and threw my daggers at a dart board. "Ugh, I hate my life, I just hate it." I screamed as I changed and hopped onto my bed and cried myself to sleep.

My dreamless sleep was disturbed by a knock at the front door, I waited to see if mother was going to answer the door. Several minutes passed until I was 100% sure that she wasn't going to get the door, I got up and slipped on my nightgown being careful of my fresh wounds. "Yes?"  I said as I answered the door. "Hi, does Mary Jane live her?" He asked politely. "Yes, she does live here." I said while my hands curled into fists. "My name is James and I am Mary's son." He introduced himself. "Oh I'm Raven come in." I said opening the door wider and leading him to the living room, I turned the light of the living room on and said "Make yourself comfortable, I won't be long." I walked into mother's room. "Mother, please wake up we have a guest." I said nervously. "What part of don't wake me don't you understand." Her voice thundered throughout the house. She got up off the bed and stumbled over the two sleeping figures, she steadied herself while hurriedly putting on her silk robe and strode over to me. I closed my eyes as she brought her hand up and slapped me hard across the face, the slap echoing throughout the house.

"James!!" Mother squealed as she walked over to him, I saw he had gritted his teeth. "Raven go make us some tea." She dismissed. "Yes mother." I said my tone accidentally revealing sarcasm. "DO NOT use that tone with me!!" She screamed as the boys stepped closer a whimper released from my mouth. "Boys why don't you accompany Raven to the kitchen." She said giving them a look, I looked over at James to see a pained expression on his face he quickly masked his face with a expressionless one and said. "Actually mother I was wondering if I could stay here for a couple of days." James waved his hand signaling to me to get the tea.

I came back with 2 of cups of tea. "Good, now go to your room but first take James's luggage to your brothers room." My mother barked at me. I gave James a quick nod and took his luggage to Mick and Alex's room. The bag felt like it weighed a tonne. "What is in this bag." I said as I dropped the bag to the ground as I arrived in his room, the bag landed with a loud thump. "Merde (Shit)." I said in french. "Raven, if anything is broken I swear you will be sleeping for days on end." My mother threatened as I heard quick footsteps approach this room.

I turned back around to see clothes and weapons? Cool I think I'm going to like this guy. A sweet voice said in my head. "Yeah, let's just hope he won't use them on me." I said out loud. "Of course I'm not going to use them on you." I spun around surprised that I didn't get whiplash, I saw James at the door. Werewolf. The voice spoke again. What the hell did that mean? "I'm sorry, I was just a-about t-to pick them u-up." I said unable to stop myself from stammering. "Don't worry about it I will pick them up myself." James said. "Well if you don't need me I will be going." I said making my way to the door. "Why is there blood on your shoulders?" He questioned. "Shit." I mumbled earning myself another questioning look. How did he hear that? Because he's a werewolf and werewolves have heightened senses. There's that voice again. "Um I tripped and hurt my shoulders." I lied. "Ok-ay." He said unconvinced, I power walked out of his room and ran the rest of the way to my room.

Soo do you have a name? I asked trying to see if the mysterious voice would reply, I guess luck was on my side, she replied Yes, sorry how silly of me my name is Natalie and I am your wolf.  Her answer made me choke on air. Wolf? What wolf? I'm confused Natalie I said I heard her chuckle in my head, when she finally managed to calm herself down she started to explain things to me. OK first things first. You are a half werewolf and half human, which means you have heightened senses and a wolf which is me and I can sense danger and when I know something good or bad is going to happen. You can only shift if you find your mate and if he is a Werewolf, if your mate is human or anything else then you won't be able to shift. You can mind link with other wolves. Any questions before I continue? I said the one question that came to my mind. By mate do you mean soul mates? And what do you mean by mind link? Okay that was two questions. Yes that means soul mates, in other words true love. Mind link is where you can think of the wolf that you want to talk to and then you just send your message. Don't worry about it for now, but I must tell you that something good is going to happen to you, you must listen to me when I tell you to go somewhere I would never try to hurt you or our mate. With that said I fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up with a stinging pain on my shoulders,face, hips and waist. I turn onto my right to see it's only 2am, I throw off my covers and walk to my small dressing table and take out the soothing cream. I realise my shoulders were stiff and red. A quiet knock came at my door making me jump a foot in the air. "It's only me." James said coming in with a smile which quickly faded when he saw my shoulders. "She hits you doesn't she?" He asks me. I just nod scared of what he was going to say next.

"Here I'll apply that for you." He says quietly taking the cream off of me. "This is gonna sting." He says. "I-I know." I reply stammering yet again. "Don't be scared of me please. How old are you?" He asks trying to lighten the atmosphere. I hear Natalie's voice, she had been quiet. It's OK, we can trust him. He is a Beta in a pack. Beta? Doesn't Beta mean second in command? I asked. Yes. And with that her voice was gone again. "Raven I asked you how old are you?" He asks sounding worried. "Oh sorry um 16, how old are you?"  I asked with a smile. "I'm 18, any more wounds?" He asks finishing up. "No, why are you here? I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to like mother too much." I asked curiously. "What makes you think that?" He asks with a grin. "The fact that you gritted your teeth while hugging her." I say as I feel a grin plaster itself on my face. "Busted, don't you have school tomorrow? Oh and those weapons aren't for killing people, I take martial arts." He said changing the subject and making his way over to my door. He is soo lying. Natalie said making my grin be turned into a grim expression. "Why do I find that hard to believe?" I say. "Sweet dreams ma princesse." He wishes me with a smile. I lie down in bed and let the velvety fingers of sleep wrap themselves around me.