Project GODS: Unplanned

Author's NOTE: Hey! Sorry, I know I haven't posted in a while, it's just that its been a new semester and I really dislike most of my classes (Not to mention sucking at them) so I've been a little slammed with the the unexpected suckiness. Thanks to all my awesome fans, you all have kept me going throughout all of this. I really love you guys :) Now, onto the story! (If you even read this) ~Zanintia

____________________________________

     Keeping deathly silent, I slowly crawled towards a roughly cut window hole, much like the one I had constructed. Making no sound, I crept onto a thin branch, praying it was enough for my weight. Silence was the key here, and I was doing well.

      I shimmied across the branch until I was right above the figure, and I could feel my night vision adjusting as I got a good look at the being.

      It was a man, almost certainly a GOD. There was no way he could be anything else with his impressive height and the unmistakeable tattoo on his bare chest of a cadecus.

       Messy brown hair capped his head, shortened enough to reveal a strong jaw and clear blue eyes that blinked in the moonlight like gems. Muscles that were toned and defined encased him, fat nonexistant. He looked more like I did with the ripped clothes and permanant layer of dirt that covered any exposed skin, unlike Athena's clean and well-kept appearance that had so surprised me.

       A flash in the ivory light caught my attention, and I snapped my gaze to what he was admiring in his hand.

       My knife.

       The shock caused me to clench my hands so tightly the nails dug into the bark, making indentations that would stay there for the next thousand years. Options ran through my head like sucssesive freight trains, one after another and each one faster than the last. Though I didn't take my gaze from his figure, my mind was miles away trying to decide what to do.

       Suddenly, he stiffened, and moved to a crouching position. I cursed as I realized that I was upwind, my scent blatantly loud in the soft symphony of forest smells.

      "Who's here?" He asked, his voice a low growl. Without thinking, I tried to slide back, missing the foothold and losing my balance.

       Then, the momentum kicked in, pulling me down. I slipped out of the tree, my mind blank as I fell through empty air.

      Expecting to hit the earth and rebound back up, I braced myself, but the landing was even more of a shock then the fall itself.

      Instead of cool earth, I felt warm flesh underneath my legs, and a quiet snap and I landed on the GOD below me.

     He made a quiet sound as the wind left him, and we both lay on the ground, staring at each other with wide eyes in dead silence for nearly fifteen seconds. 

     I gathered my senses first, leaping to my feet and snatching my knife from his hand. With a feral hiss I backed up, watching him pull himself to standing position and lean against a tree for support.

      "Who are you?" I spat, keeping a decent distance away in fear of a bluff. He only smiled, a mischevious smile that signaled years of experience in trickery.

      "I think that might be obvious to you, Lady Artemis," He said mockingly, bowing to me while still holding his stomach. "I belive you and all your ladylike grace crushed one of my ribs."

      "Not funny, mutant," I said, emphasising the word. It was a grave insult to all engineered beings like us, and his mocking smile melted from his face like ice in the sun.

      "Watch your mouth, My Lady, or we may have a problem."

      "We have a problem right now. I want to know who you are. I have questions that you need to answer. And if you refuse to cooperate, I will make you answer. Understood?"

        He looked at me in silence for a second, but then, just as I was about to pounce, broke the silence by laughing.

        "If that's all you wanted, why didn't you SAY so? Come on up, I have food. Unless you're worried about your companion back there." He left me on the ground, climbing up the ladder and dumbfounding me as I stared up at him almost comically. He knew much more than I expected, too much to be honest. I concealed the knife in my shorts, easily acessable, and easily invisible. I was interrupted by his obnoxious voice as I clambered up after him.

      "Coming, Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt?" He mocked me with the title, and I nearly grinned as he offered his hand to me.

       "I'm not leaving, Hermes, God of Thieves."

___________________

P.S. I know this is short, but the next one is going to be nice and long and full of all sorts of juicy information. Thanks for reading! ~Z