Chapter 5

JACE

I’m exhausted and want nothing more to just lay down and take a nap, but my day is just starting. I was up before the sun, which I guess isn’t hard to do during the winter months, and did my normal day of work, didn’t even stop for breakfast today. Normally, Grandma Tracy would have something put together for us, but she spent yesterday and this morning making pastries for the women that were staying here this week and said we were on our own this week. I guess that meant the granola bars that mom put in Granger’s office, but that was nothing like one of Grandma’s homemade granola bowls.

Then we were wrangled in to help my aunts entertain these gals. It wasn’t like it was the worst job ever. I saw the group of ten running around the property earlier today and they were all beautiful. Granger fucking growled at my brother and me while we paused to watch them. Thank the gods for tight workout clothes. Granger reminded me that they were here because one of them was getting married, but that didn’t mean they were ALL getting married.

When I walked into the stable, the last thing I expected to see was the beaming ray of sunshine that was basically making Piston swoon. Could horses swoon? If so, this guy was swooning. Piston wasn’t exactly a friendly horse. He wasn’t an asshole or anything, but he tended to stay in his stable towards the back. This girl, though, was rubbing down his head and giving his scratches behind his ears. This damn horse leaned into her as if he wanted her to wrap her arms around his neck and swing up onto his back.

I couldn’t blame him one damn bit though because she was gorgeous. She had long hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. I could tell it had a wave to it and I sure as hell wanted to dig my fingers into it. She wasn’t skinny like the other women, she had curves for days, and boy did I want to take them all for a test drive. Once we started talking, I realized that she also had a bit of sass to her. Catarina, fucking gorgeous name for a gorgeous woman. She did things to me that I’m not sure I’ve had done to me before. She was trouble, but I was all for it.

“Jace! Hurry the fuck up, I don’t want to be late.” Deacon was pounding on my bedroom door and I was standing in front of the mirror in my bathroom trying to will myself to wake up. The final thing we had to do today was escorting the women into town so they could go to Nikki’s. I loved Nikki’s, but I don’t understand why I group of rich women who probably drank drinks like cosmos and martinis would want to step foot inside Nikki’s.

“Just a second. Hold your fucking horses, dude.” I grabbed a long sleeve henley from my closet and tossed it on. It was deep blue in color and I paired it with what my mom liked to call “nice jeans.” They didn’t have any holes in them, fit nightly compared to the relaxed style that I wore for work and I’m not going to lie, they fit perfectly on my body and I know they made me look nice. 

Deacon was leaning against the kitchen island in his long sleeve flannel shirt paired with some nice jeans as well. He tossed me the keys to the rental van that Bev had rented to take the gals around if needed. “Let’s go, I’m stoked for this.”

“Why are you so excited? Did you not hear the numerous times we’ve been told to keep our hands off these chicks?”

“Have I heard? Yes. Am I going to run to Aunt Bev and tell her I banged one of them? No. It’s not like it would be the first time I banged a bridesmaid.”

I couldn’t help but laugh, my brother was….well he was a manwhore. It wasn’t unusual for him to just happened to venture down to the reception sites when they’re hosting weddings and flirt his way to a weekend hook up. I told him as long as he didn’t bring them back to the house that I wasn’t going to tell him what he should or shouldn’t be doing. Deacon tends to live his life by the “seize the day” motto, you never know when life is going to end, so why not do whatever you want?