𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡: 𝑃.𝑆. 𝐼 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢

❝ 𝐴𝑠 𝐼 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟
𝑆𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢
𝑅𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠
𝐵𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢...❞

***

A week back in Idaho, and Elouise had been able to convince herself that everything was back to normal. She went back to work on the fourth.

She hadn't been able to bring herself to call George or send him anything yet, but she was certainly planning to do so soon.

Walking home from school with her sisters on the eighth, Elouise stopped to get them some hot chocolate before they got home.

"Hello, girls," greeted Sophie when the Hart sisters stepped into the coffee shop. "I heard you guys spent your holiday in England? How exciting!" She turned to start making the girls hot chocolate. They didn't even have to order. She just knew.

"It was brilliant!" Ava said, hopping up on one of the stools at the counter.

"Elouise met the Beatles," Anna added as she took her seat next to Ava.

Elouise's face turned pink when Sophie gave her a curious expression, and she nodded.

"Well, that's certainly something you'll remember forever."

"Oh, yes," Elouise said, sadness pinging in her heart. "It definitely will be."

Sophie turned around and began to hand each of the girls their drinks. "Well, I'm glad you had a good trip." She smiled. "Have a good afternoon, loves."

"Thanks, Sophie," Elouise responded with a smiled as she reached into her bag for her wallet.

Sophie shooed her hand away. "They're on me today," she said with a smile.

"Are you sure?" asked Elouise.

Sophie smiled and nodded. "Have a good afternoon," she repeated.

"Thank you, Sophie," Elouise replied with a grin. "You too."

The four sisters left the shop and went to pile back into Elouise's car.

"Brrr!" Ava squealed when they were strapped in and Lizzy gave her an understandably concerned look. "It's so cold out there!"

Elouise chuckled, setting her cup in the cupholder between the two front seats. "Yes, yes it is."

"Let's get home quick!" added Anna.

Elouise watched her surroundings as they drove, and she found her mind wandering to George. When was she going to write to him? She didn't know.

When they finally made it back to the house, Elouise pulled into the driveway and they all began to climb out of the car. Lizzy took her backpack and slung it around her shoulders and took her hot chocolate into her hands. Then, she went over to the mailbox and decided to see if they had any mail.

She found a few envelopes inside. She took them out and looked them over, immediately breaking into a smile when she saw one addressed to Elouise from none other than George Harrison.

"Elouise!" she yelled, running to catch up with the rest of her sisters who were already on the porch.

They all three turned around and looked at her in confusion. She held up the letter. "It's from George," she said with a grin.

***

"Elouise, open it!" Anna pushed.

Elouise had been staring at the letter for nearly twenty minutes. She had less than two hours before she had to go to work.