Chapter 36

Jade was doing a homework in her bedroom on a friday evening when her mom entered her room. 

it has been almost a week since meeting with Seonghwa and everything was going smoothly, except for the confusion in Jade's mind and heart. she didn't know how she felt towards Seonghwa and wasn't anywhere near finding out. she has talked to everyone in the gc normally and no one knew about the kiss except Meg. Jade kept re-watching the video once in a while and her heart did unimaginable things. but she still didn't know if she really liked him or was it a mere attraction towards the visuals.

nothing interesting happened during the week. Jade just went on with school and gc. girls that bullied her got suspended. her parents got a week long break on Monday, so they spent it with Jimin and Jade. they missed each other and tried to spend every day of the week together. of course that was impossible, but they tried anyways.

"Jade, the new neighbors are coming over for dinner later. get ready okay? we don't want to seem as a bad welcoming family, do we?" her mom, Joomi said softly and smiled.

"okay mom" Jade smiled back "what time are they coming over? i have a bit of homework left" 

"maybe in an hour or so. will you be done by then?"

"i will" 

"look at my pretty girl, studying so hard, making her family proud" Joomi neared Jade and patter her head. Jade smiled, feeling happy.

"thanks mom" 

"i won't disturb you anymore. study well, alright?" 

"okay" 

Joomi left the room. Jade went back to her textbook.

after about 40 minutes she was done. she quickly got dressed in a white skirt and blue sweatshirt and ran downstairs to help her mom set the table. she met with Jimin when she exited her room. Jimin was also leaving his, wearing similar outfit as Jade. he was dressed in white dress pants and blue sweatshirt. they were unintentionally matching.

"ey broo" Jade fist bumped Jimin with a giggle. he returned it as they made their way downstairs.

"have you seen these new neighbors? they moved in few weeks ago" Jimin asked

"i haven't. have you?" 

"nope"

they reached the kitchen and started helping their mom in setting the table in dining room.

"mom where's dad?" Jimin asked

"he's in the bathroom, apparently he needs to look presentable for the guests so he's trying some stuff" Joomi rolled her eyes and smiled later. when they finished setting the table Jade and Jimin plopped on the couch, bickering with each other about their outfits.

"by the way, how do you two always manage to match?" their father, Jinyoung entered the dining room. 

"i don't know. must be a sibling thing. but my outfit is better right, dad?" Jade said and gave Jinyoung puppy eyes. Jinyoung stopped on his tracks and stared at Jade. 

"oh my god. who gave this kid these eyes" he said and shook his head "yes. yes your outfit is better. stop looking at me like that" he said and entered the kitchen, talking to his wife. Jimin had a look of disbelief on his face. 

"our outfits are literally same. do you want me to wear a skirt next time? cause i will if it will stop you from being so cocky" he rambled and crossed his arms. Jade raised her eyebrow and smirked in triumph.

"it's not about skirt. dad just loves me more than you" she stuck her tongue out at him. they kept arguing like that, not even realizing that bell rung, and Joomi went to open it. only when few unknown faces piled in the dining room did they realize that guests arrived, so they quickly dropped the argument and stood up to bow.