Chapter Forty-three

Chapter Forty-three

-

"Thank you for inviting me Ms Hemmings," Ashton smiled as the boy walked through the Hemmings household door.

Liz, Luke, Ben and Jack were all going to the beach for the day and Liz kindly invited Ashton for the blonde boy.

"It's my pleasure Ashton, but please call me Liz. You're around here enough now to be part of this family," she chuckled as she headed into the kitchen.

Ashton noticed a boy who he had never met not really seen before. Only in family photos. He assumed it was Ben, Luke's eldest brother, as he had the blonde hair and blue eyes too.

"You must be Ashton," Ben smiled at the boy as he sipped on his coffee. "Luke talks a lot about you to me on the phone."

"That's nice of him," the curly haired boy smiled awkwardly. He didn't know what to say, neither was he too sure if the brother was going to like him. Because Ashton knew Jack wasn't too fond of him. He especially didn't like the way he had his tongue shoved in his little brother's mouth.

He'd informed Ashton pretty clearly that he wasn't fond of him and thought that he was just using the younger boy for his good looks.

"He really likes you," Ben nodded in agreement inspecting the boy over. Inspecting to see if there were any flaws which would affect his brother.

"Unfortunately so," Jack muttered under his breath but the older brother heard this and frowned.

"He seems like a nice guy Jack, is there something I don't know?" Ben asked hesitantly, worried that his brother wasn't in as good of a relationship that he let everything one think he was in.

Ashton stood there awkwardly feeling a little insecure how everyone was talking about him. Fortunately, he was glad Liz had left the room.

"He's bipolar Ben. At any moment he could snap and hurt Luke. He could say one bad thing and he'd go back to his old ways," Jack rambled thinking of all the possible negative outcomes of their relationship.

"I take medication to control all of that," Ashton quickly pointed out. "I'd never want to hurt Luke in any way. I love him and I want to keep him as happy and safe as possible."

"I hear you yell at him sometimes," the middle brother stated. Ashton looked down embarrassedly. He never meant to. He just couldn't control those simple out bursts sometimes. "Luke cries himself to sleep because of them. He's really fragile Ashton, and if you break him in any way, you're are going to suffer," Jack seethed glaring at the boy.

"Ashton?" Luke asked surprised from here he stood shirtless in the kitchen doorway, seeing his boyfriend stood in his kitchen. Him going to the beach with the family was actually a surprise. But, the scene which just unfolded had made him forget completely why he was here and what he was supposed to have done.

"Surprise," he joked a little unenthusiastically and upset after what he heard about what one of his boyfriend's brother thought of him. The blonde boy smiled happily, dimpled formed in his filled out cheeks. He rushed to the older boys side and cuddled into him. The curly haired boy kissed his head and took in the sweet scent of his coconut shampoo. "How did you sleep?"