Chapter One

First Day Of Senior Year

"Welcome back," my teacher greets as she walks in the door. I just scoff. "We won't be doing to much bookwork, but for today students please turn to page one twenty seven in your textbook while I take roll."

I do as she says and tap my pen on the desk as I wait for my name to be called. "Melanie Renee," she calls and I reply here.

She keeps on going and my eyes widen as she says the name that I despise so much, "Samuel Wilkinson?"

He walks through the door and smiles at her. "You're late," she states and he just shrugs. "Please take a seat."

There was only one seat left and it happened to be the one next to me. "Em please switch seats with me." I plead as he spots the seat and starts walking over to it.

My best friend just laughs and shakes her head no.

Loser.

"Ahhh, my baby Melanie." He smiles as he takes his seat next to me.

"Im so out of your league, don't even think about it." I say not bothering to look at him. I don't have to look at him to know he's smirking.

He always finds a way to fuck with me, ever since eighth grade.

I feel his hand on my thigh and I slap the back of his head before pushing his hand off of me. "Don't make me hate you anymore than I already do."

"Awh did I make the princess mad?" He says into my ear and I push him away.

"Go fuck with someone else. I'm not interested in getting an std." I smile looking at him. He puts his hand to his heart in mock hurt.

"Fine." He says before turning his attention to the girl on the opposite side of the room. Macy, the schools slut. Gross. "Hey, Macy. Text me." He winks at her and she grins before pulling her phone out.

"Macy put your phone on my desk please." The teacher says and Macy whines while I laugh.

"Good one Sam." I say nudging him. He just shrugs.

"You've always been so hard to get. Tough shell to crack. But I'll get there princess, I promise." He whispers in my ear as the teacher announces that we need to do the vocabulary for the chapter.

I sigh and start writing.

"Sorry Sammy, I'm out of your league. Don't you know this? I don't fuck around with fuck boys." I state as my phone vibrates.

"Who's texting you?" He asks curiously and he actually does his work.

"That's clearly not your business. Its probably my boyfriend, who knows."

"I know everything about you, Melanie. You dont have a boyfriend. You know I know its Emily texting you." He laughs and I roll my eyes.

"You dont know anything about me, loser. And if you do, I'm getting a restraining order."

"Oh trust me, Mel. I know you. And as much as you hate to admit it, you know I'm right." He says twisting a lock of my hair around his fingers before letting it fall back to its previous position.

"You're not right Sammy. You're just being a arrogant ass hole like always. Seriously shut the hell up and leave me alone." I snap and he smirks.

"I always get what I want." He winks before turning his attention to his work.

Asshole.