→ chapter forty nine

a/n~ guys we hit 4k reads !! thank you so much for the continued support! please remember to vote and comment, i love reading your comments!

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

fred's eyes fell to the girl's face, staring at her in bewilderment. surely she was just tired, his father was fine, there was nothing dangerous that could harm him at the burrow.

"chae, focus on me, focus on my voice, you're okay, everything is okay" fred soothed, holding the shaking girl to his chest. chae shook her head rapidly.

"i can feel it fred, something bad is going to happen, it could have already happened" the girl said quietly, feeling the anxiety in her stomach fading.

by now, chae's hair was beginning to stick to her face due to the sweat that glistened on her forehead. the redhead didn't know what to think, part of him hoped that the feeling chae had wasn't correct, however deep down he knew that usually when chae had these feelings, something bad did happen, whether it be minutes later or hours later.

before the boy could ponder on his thoughts the door burst open, revealing professor mcgonagall holding her wand in front of her, using it as a source of light.

chae stared at her grandmother in shock, had she just been caught sleeping in fred's bed?

"chaerin chang! what on earth are you doing in here young lady?! i've just sent someone to ravenclaw tower you wake you up!"

before chae could reply, her grandmother walked over to george, shaking him awake her eagle eyes watching fred and chae.

"you three need to come with me to dumbledore's office, you'll be travelling to 12 grimmauld place"

fred instantly stood up, realising that chae's prediction was indeed correct. the three followed their professor into the common room, where ginny stood awake disoriented from being woken from her slumber. chae grabbed her hand gently and the group of them rushed to dumbledore's office.

mcgonagall ushered the four of them inside where they were met with harry and ron, harry looked at her as she stood in her pyjamas, in a similar state to him.

"did you see something too?" he asked hopefully, trying to reassure himself he wasn't insane.

"no, i had a really bad feeling in my stomach, so i closed my eyes and it felt as if something was telling me mr weasley was in danger" chae explained, her hand gripping ginny's a little bit tighter.

dumbledore eyed the girl through his half moon glasses, a panicked silence filling the air before he began to speak.

"chaerin, is there perhaps anybody in your bloodline that was a seer?" he asked, chae shrugged her shoulders lightly looking to mcgonagall for help, she didn't know much about her bloodline as her mother had been adopted.

"her great grandmother, she was quite well known, people used to visit her a lot asking for her to use her abilities" said her grandmother.

chae's eyes widened, there was absolutely no way she was a seer.

"ah yes, edith yun, extraordinary woman" dumbledore remembered.

chae smiled lightly at the thought of her great grandmother, also learning that her mother's maiden name was yun. silence filled the air again until ginny spoke.

"what's going on? professor mcgonagall said harry saw dad get hurt-"

"your father has been injured during the course of his work for the order of the phoenix" dumbledore began to explain "he has been taken to st mungo's hospital for magical maladies and injuries. i am sending you all back to sirius' house which is much more convenient for the hospital than the burrow, you will meet your mother there"

"how're we going?" asked fred, looking shaken "floo powder?"

"no" said dumbledore "floo powder is not safe at the moment, the network is being watched, you will be taking a portkey" he indicated the old kettle lying innocently on his desk  "we are just waiting for phineas nigellus to report back... i want to be sure that the coast is clear before sending you-"

a flash of flame appearing in the office cut the man off, it left behind a single golden feather that floated softly to the floor.

"it is fawkes's warning" said dumbledore, catching the feather as it fell  "professor umbridge must know you're out of your beds... minerva, go and head her off - tell her any story" professor mcgonagall was gone in a swish of tartan, but not before throwing a look towards chae, she instantly knew that her grandmother would tell her mother where she found her on this dreadful night.

"he says he'll be delighted" said a bored voice behind dumbledore: the wizard called phineas had reappeared in front of his slytherin banner "my great-great-grandson has always had an odd taste in house-guests"

"come here then" dumbledore said to harry, chae and the weasleys "and quickly, before anyone else joins us" harry and the others gathered around dumbledore's desk.

"you have all used a portkey before?" asked dumbledore, and they nodded, each reaching out to touch some part of the blackened kettle "good on the count of three one... two..."

chae shut her eyes tightly and within seconds she had arrived at 12 grimmauld place, she opened one eye, peeking to see if things were safe. when she realised she was in no danger she let out a sigh of relief, still not being able to comprehend what was happening.