Chapter 103

January 24    
Atlas (9 months 3 weeks)
Ron (31 weeks)
(No spatulas were harmed during this chapter)

Harry's POV

"Have a good day darling" a tired voice whispers kissing the top of my forehead. I smile and sat up to see Draco staring at me already dressed for work. He looks exhausted and it takes all of me not to just pull him into bed with me and, force him to go back to sleep.
"I hope you have a good day as well" I whispered putting my arms up for a hug. He smiles a sad smile and sits on the bed next to me accepting my hug. I tighten the hug nuzzling my face into his shoulder "it's gonna get better today... I promise" I whisper as he sighs into the hug.
"I doubt it but, I sure hope so," he huffs standing, and giving me one last kiss. He starts walking to the door grabbing his robe off the chair he usually sets it on. "I'll be late again today but once I'm back we should be able to cuddle the whole weekend" he cheers only smiling when he brought up the cuddling.
  "I love you" I called as he closed the door behind him. I pout for a second because he didn't say anything back but the door quickly opens again as he pops his head back in with a smile.
  "I love you too" he cheers before closing the door for good.  I smile to myself and hug the pillow next to me "I'm gonna fix this mess" I mumble quickly falling asleep again. 

*

   I heard soft cries and roll to my side before my eyes shoot open.  I jump out of bed cringing at the small pain I feel in my knee. I bolt through my bedroom door and over to the nursery.
  I close the door behind me softly as I walk over to the crying baby's crib.  "Hey, baby what's wrong? papa is here" I reassure him picking the boy up and holding him to my chest. 
  I bounce him a bit as his crying becomes quieter.  His small fists clutch onto my shirt as he pulls himself to look at my tears still running down his face.
   "You're okay," I coo wiping the tears from his cheeks.  "Why don't we go see Daddy! Will that make you feel better?" I ask. The boy starts getting happy just at the mention of his dad.
  It's been a week since the Jinx girl started doing more than just flirting and it's taken a big toll on Draco. He comes home exhausted and wore out using all his extra time to grade and get papers done.
  Once he's done with that he'll go straight to Atlas and wish him a goodnight before going straight to bed. I know he hasn't been eating enough and the hours of sleep he's been getting are horrendous.
  I'll wake up in the middle of the night and he'll either be doing papers or mumbling about maybe finding a new job. 
He's always apologizing because he feels like he's cheating on me and stuff like that. I just tell him everything is fine and he doesn't need to worry about me leaving.  I don't know if he believes me or not but I also know he loves his job and I can't take that from him.
  I feel a soft tap on my chest as I look down to see Atlas staring at me with a pouty expression probably because I wasn't giving him the attention he wanted "sorry little prince"  I whisper kissing his head.
  "Let's get dressed and grab Ron," I chuckle poking his nose as he points to the ground. I set him down and he goes on to his knees watching me patiently.
  I take a step forward catching onto the game we are playing.  He giggles and scrambles over to me. I take a few more steps and he continues crawling tapping my foot once he reaches me.
  I laugh and continue to walk stopping every few steps for him to catch up. We reached Ron and Blaise's room pretty easily as I knock on the door.  "Come in" Ron shouts. I open the door and Atlas uses my leg to help him stand up.
   I grab the child and keep him in my arms as I step in to see Ron sitting on the bed waiting for me.  "Are we still going today?" he pried resting a hand on his stomach.
  I sit on the bed next to him and set Atlas down.  "Yeah, we are you can always stay if you want to," I point to his stomach. He laughs and shakes his head "I'm going that's final" he sings his voice full of excitement as Atlas uses Ron's arms to stand.
  I laugh as my baby puts his hands on Ron's stomach and looks back at me with wide eyes.  We both start laughing as he falls back onto his butt when one of the girls kicks.
  A small yelp comes from him and he scrambled to my lap. "Well I'm gonna go get us dressed and we will meet you in the common room," I tell him, standing and trying to contain my laughter at my shocked and scared son's face.
   I ended up putting on some high-waisted whitewashed jeans and a red sweater.  I put my robe over my shoulders and changed Atlas into some jeans and a white shirt.  I tickle his stomach and put his tiny boots on before finishing the outfit off with his jacket and heading out to the common room.
  I see Ron standing there with his jacket on waiting for us, wand in his pocket.  I double-check my pocket for my wand and look at Ron with a smile.  "Let me get Atlas a sippy cup and then we can go" I interrupt. Getting a thumbs up. Atlas whips his head up at the words sippy cup and starts wiggling around
  I put the baby on my side as I push the kitchen door open and grab a sippy cup filling it with apple juice. As hard as it was I screwed the top back on and the bottle was immediately taken from my hands by a very happy Atlas.