Chapter 53

Spinel sniffles and lets her eyes dart down the Wolfie's hand. She holds back the waterfall of tears she wanted to let out and nods, "I'd really like that..Wolfie." She smiles weakly and goes to take her hand, only for the injector to rumble underneath them. Steven gasps and darts to the two, "It's gonna explode!" He pulls the two close to him and gets them both into a bubble as the explosion comes soon after.

Spinel seems mortified, "Oh gosh..I ruined everything." She hides her face in her hands, feeling awful. Wolfie frowns, "Hey, At least you came out of it with a friend?"

Spinel looks up at her and giggles weakly, "I just blew up a hill and poisoned the earth, but sure, let's call it even."

The bubble soon lands in the large dent in the ground and steven let's it disappear. Wolfie smiles and hugs him, "Saving the world again, huh?"

"Mhm, Saved you too." He chuckles and pulls back once he heard the worried calls of Connie. She ran over and hugged him, "We were all so worried! Are you all okay?"

Wolfie nods, giving a quick thumbs up, "All's good Connie. What about the people?" Connie smiles, "Safe."

The rest of the gems walk over, checking in on everyone to make sure they were okay. As the group was talking, a familiar ship hovered over them and called out, "Steven!! We came to visit!!" Steven groans, "Ohh..Yaay.."

Spinel hides when the ship lands and the diamonds come out, greeting the group. Blue smiles, "We've been discussing it quite alot since we miss you and Red oh so much..and we realised that the best option is-"

White bursts out, "This is taking to long! We're coming to live with you!" Wolfie jolts, "What?! B-But- How-"

Steven shares her same confusion but luckily, he notices that spinel is hiding before he talks to them. He nods for her to come out and she sighs nervously, walking out and saluting them. White gasps, covering her mouth. Yellow looks confused, "Pink's little playmate..?" She sounded slightly unsure, but blue nodded in agreement, "One of Pink's lost treasures!"

"Mom left her on a floating rock in space." Steven shrugs, Wolfie nodding along and walking to Spinel's side. "We're gonna help her now though.." She smiles.

White thinks to herself for a second before whispering to yellow and blue. She the quickly speaks, "Steven, Since you clearly want to stay here, We will take Spinel with us instead of living on your disgusting planet!" She smiles happily. Wolfie mutters, "Am I getting away from this too-" Spinel giggles quietly at her remark.

Steven leans to Spinel and smiles, "What do you think?"

She pauses for a second before walking toward the diamonds, a bounce in her step, "Today, Right here, Right now!"

-Skipping the song-

The four got into their ship and went back home, leaving cleaning up the earth to the crystal gems. Steven gets to work straight away, kissing the dirt.

Peridot runs to Wolfie, grabbing her in a tight hug, "Glad to see your okay Wolfie!" She grins and Wolfie smiles, "Oh come on, I'm tough, Of course I handled it." She jokes. Garnet walks over to her and pats her on the head, "Hearing that from the gem I used to have to carry over my shoulder so she wouldn't run off and attack people is...quite funny." She chuckles. Peridot cackles, "I forgot about how you were when you first got here!" Wolfie's face turns a darker shade of red, "H-Hey! Knock it off you were probably the same!"

Garnet smiles, "Don't change the subject, It's making fun of you time." Wolfie folds her arms, "Don't bully me!" She says, though she was still cracking up a bit. Being made fun of or not, she was happy.