Chapter 18: Dinner with Davis Family

Luna's POV

Someone knocks on the door, and I pull away from Cole's embrace, I immediately wipe my tears. And I look at the intruder, who is none other than, Cole's sister Sarah.

"Dad, said Cole's girlfriend has come, I didn't believe him, because Luna Brown coming in this not so lavish side of Seattle, is not possible, so I came in Cole's room to confirm", Is she trying to be sarcastic?. And I really don't know, why she hates me?.

"You saw that, I am here, right?, You may go now", I tell her.

"This is my house"

"And this is my boyfriend's room"

"Boyfriend seriously, Luna?", She smirks.

"Both of you stop", Cole interrupts, our argument, "I am going out, of this room", he stands up, to leave.

"Cole", I hold his hand, and he looks at me and sighs.

"I am hungry, and I think Dad has finished, cooking mushroom risotto, so please let's go and have dinner", he looks at me, with puppy eyes, which I don't know why, I can't seem to resist right now, so I stand up on my feet, and go behind Cole, in their small dining room.

"Kids Dinner is ready", Mr. Davis places, the mushroom risotto, on the dinner table.

"It's really looks, delicious Mr. Davis", I tell him, it really does look delicious.

I sit beside Cole, and he serves me Mushroom Risotto.

"What happened to your hand and leg", Mr. Davis asks.

"Oh, I just fell down, from stairs at friends place",

"Are you gonna, eat Risotto with your left-hand now?", Sarah asks with mocking tone.

"I will feed her", Cole tells her, and he feeds me a spoonful of Mushroom Risotto.

"I must say, Mr. Davis, this Risotto is mouth watering, it has become my favorite dish now",

"My Dad, is the best chief in the world", Sarah gushes, over her Dad. I will not judge her, for doing this, because I used to do, the same thing in front of my friends, when my Dad was alive.

I find Cole's eyes staring me, maybe because I am painfully smiling at looking at Sarah and her Dad.

"Okay, thank you, for your comments, but I am not the best chief in the world", Mr. Davis laughs.

We finish our dinner laughing. Tough I was laughing from outside, but from inside, I was drifting in my Dad's memories.

I don't want to go home tonight, I don't want to go, in that empty house. That house is not home anymore. A home should be a place, where you find peace, where you feel belonged. And I don't feel peace in that house anymore, that house is silent, but there is no peace there. And I don't know if I belong there anymore. Honestly speaking, I don't know where I belong anymore.

"Luna, how you will go home?, do you want me, to come with you?", Cole whispers.

"No", he looks at me, a little offended, I shake my head,"I don't want to go home",

"Okay", he nods, he is so understanding, he is like sweet little Bunny.

"Dad can Luna stay here tonight?", Cole asks his Dad.

Mr. Davis, looks at both of us in amusement,"yeah, but you have to be safe",

"Dad!", Cole whines, and I laugh over Mr. Davis's comment.

"Don't whine Cole, I am telling because, I am a responsible parent"

"Dad you are embarrassing me", Cole Whines again, "Luna, let's go from here", I laugh more, looking at Cole's blushed face.

Cole's Pov

I take Luna to my room, and she is still laughing so hard. I can't believe my Dad, told me, to have safe sex, in front of Luna and Sarah. And also we are not going to have sex today. Actually we are never going to have sex.

One good thing happened, with this embarrassing incident, is that Luna is laughing. And this time, she is not faking her laugh.

"Go and bring a condom, Cole", she says while laughing, and sits on the bed.

"Okay, now stop", I sit beside her.

"Awe!! Don't get mad babe", amusement is clear in her voice, and she pulls my left cheek.

........................................................................

After 10 minutes, Luna stops, making fun of me. I gave her my t-shirt to wear tonight, because she said, she will not fit in Sarah's clothes. So I gave her mine, and she is looking good in my t-shirt,"you are looking in my t-shirt", I blurt out the words, which were in mind.

"Oh, thanks", she looks at me and smiles, she is laying on my bed, in sitting position, with cellphone, in her hand.

" I will sleep on the floor", I take, my blanket and pillow, from the bed.

"Why?, You can sleep beside me",

"Are you sure?", I don't think, this idea is good, I can't sleep beside her. The idea of Luna sleeping beside me, is making my heart pop.

"Yes, of course! Now stop overthinking, and come", she taps her hand, on the bed.

I nod, and I put the pillow and blanket on the bed again, and I lay beside her. Though I agreed for this. I know, I will not able to fall sleep beside her, and this night is going to be, too long for me.

Author's Note
I am so sorry guys, for the short chapter .I was busy last few days. And I hope you all liked this small chapter. Please do vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX