Ch.3: When We Sit Together At Lunch

(Okay so just so u could put a face to the name, above are pictures of Lilian and her 3 bffs Lauren, Jemma, and Kayla.
Top left- Lilian (main character)
Top right- Lauren (best bff)
Bottom left- Jemma (senior)
Bottom right- Kayla (junior)

But picture Lily more nerdy!)

I'm leaning against my car in the school parking lot waiting for my sister, when I see my best friend Lauren Beas come running up to me. Her straight blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, and flawless face smiling wider than the Grand Canyon. She's 5'7" (an inch taller than me), and basically perfect in every way. Our personalities balance eachother out, because I am very opinionated and factual and serious about stuff I believe in, whereas she is a very lighthearted and fun and wild and free spirited type of girl. We make perfect best friends.

"OHMYGOSHLILY!" She shouts as she comes to a halt directly in front of me.

"What is it this time?" I say and fake sigh while rolling my eyes, knowing that it's probably some silly unimportant thing that happened today.

"Have you seeeen the new kid today? He's like the most gorgeous human being that has ever lived on planet earth in a million years!" She spits out while catching her breath, then let's out a large squeal.

"Wow that's definitely not an exaggeration whatsoever." I say then laugh a little. "And yes, I have. In fact, he sits next to me in Chemistry, and Mrs.Jansen made me give him a tour of the school today. Plus, we have the same English class." I tell her.

"Wait... you're joking right?" She asks with a shocked look on her face.

"Nope. I'm being 100% real to you." I respond grinning.

"No. Way." She states slowly as her jaw practically drops to the ground. "I have been trying to come up with ways to talk to him in my head all day today. I can't believe you guys already know eachother! What kind of stuff did you guys talk about?" She asks me, still clearly in shock.

"It's not that huge of a deal." I say laughing, "We basically just... well I guess just sorta told eachother all about our lives."

"Oh. My. Gosh. You two are totally going to fall in love! Ugh I'm totes jelly!" She explains.

"Woah there Laur! I literally just met the kid today! I mean obviously he's attractive, and charming, and sweet, and funny, and a gentlemen... But, he might already like someone. Besides, I'm not looking for a relationship anyways. I need to focus on school, and my future." I tell her.

"Whatever, it's obvious you like him and who wouldn't like you?! Trust me when I say that you two are totally meant to be. Just wait and see." She says smirking.

I roll my eyes at how dramatic and over-enthusiastic she is.
"You're such a drama queen." I tell her then shove her shoulder.

"I know. But you know you love it." She says sticking her tongue out at me.

"Well I have to go, I see Allison and Kayla coming. I'll see ya tomorrow." I say, then go to hug her.

"Bye love!" She says hugging me back, then prances off to her car.

Allison and her friend Kayla walk up. Kayla is a junior (almost 17) and she's friends with both me and Alli. She's the shortest out of all of us at 5'4". She has tan dark skin and brown hair. She's also the most shy of all of us.

"Hey guys, ready to go?" I ask as they reach the car.

"Yup. I'm tired." Alli responds.

We get in the car and I start driving to take Kayla home. She can drive, but doesn't like to because it makes her nervous.

"Soooo... how was your day big sis?" Alli asks me. "Meet anyone new? Any cute boys perhaps?" She has a huge grin on her face.

"Possibly... how would you know?" I ask confused.

"Lots of people saw you through their classroom windows walking around alone with the new hot kid during 2nd period. Word gets around pretty fast at this school." She answers.

"Oh my gosh. People are insane! I was just showing him around since he's new. No big deal." I say, shocked at how people found out so quick and automatically jump to conclusions.

"Suuure. Whatever, I believe you." She says sarcastically still smirking.

"You are a little booger, ya know that?" I say, fake glaring at her.

She just laughs and shuts up for the rest of the ride.

~
A couple days pass by, and me and Dylan get to know eachother quite a bit better, and become Chemistry buddies.

*Thursday at school*

I sit at the lunch table with my three other friends Lauren, Kayla, and Jemma. Jemma is my other senior bff, we're super close and have been friends since freshman year, but me and Lauren are a little closer since we've been bffffs since basically Kindergarten.

We're all sitting there together and laughing when all of a sudden, the girls facing me abruptly go quiet.
"He's coming!" I hear Lauren mutter quietly to Jemma.
Confused, I turn around and right as my head faces the other way, a person swings their leg over the bench, and plops down right next to me. I then notice who it is.

"Oh hey Dylan." I say smiling at him.

"Hey Lils!" He smiles back.
"Is it okay if I sit here today? My only other friend at this school is gone today, and I didn't want to sit alone." He tells us.

"Sure, no prob! Have you met my friends yet?" I ask him, knowing he hasn't, but positive they all know of him.

"Don't think I have..." He replies.

"Well this is my bestie Lauren," I say pointing across to her, she smiles and waves at him, "and this is Jemma, my other girlfriend," she copies Lauren's actions, "and this is Kayla, she's a junior." I say and lean back so he can see her since they are both sitting on either side of me.
"And everyone, this is Dylan. He's my Chemistry buddy."

"Hi Dylan! It's nice to finally meet you!" Lauren says, "Considering we've heard SO much about you!" She then proceeds to non-subtly wink at me.

"Oh shut up! Not everyone talks about boys 24/7 like you Laur!" I say then laugh.
She gasps and puts her hand on her chest.
"Ouch! Anyyyyways, I was kidding about Lils, don't get all excited." She says to Dylan.

He laughs.
"Its fine, I don't mind being talked about." He says then looks at me with his usual cute little smile.

I smile back and roll my eyes.

After lunch, Dylan and I have English together, and all my friends have classes the opposite way, so I start walking with him there.

"Hey, so, since I don't know like anybody here, I thought it may be a good idea to have some sort of get together so that I could get to know some more people. Would you wanna come? I was thinking it could be Saturday night." He asks me.

"Sure, I don't think I'm doing anything. Sounds like a great idea. You want me to invite some more people since you apparently don't know any?" I ask then laugh.

"Yeah, that miiiight just help a little." He answers.

"So, when and where?"

"Hmm.. Does 8 sound good? And I'm not sure where yet, but I have an idea... I'll tell you what, how about I text you the address once I figure it out."

"Sounds great. But there's just one problem..... you don't have my number." I say.

"Well we will just have to fix that, now won't we? Here, gimme your phone." He says then sticks out his hand.

I hand him my phone and he types in his number.

I am going to a party.
Dylan O'Brien's party.

(Author's note:
Hey peeps. Wowzers, there's gonna be a party! Sorry it's kinda boring and uneventful so far, I've kinda had to do a lot of character introducing and stuff but I PROMISE that eventually there will be a lot of chemistry between Lils and Dyl. ;) get it... Chemistry! Lololol.
Ugh sorry I'm a dork. Anyways thanks for reading!!!
Spoiler for next chapter: ITS PARTAY TIIIIIME!!! Woot woot!)