Dating my regalia.

~{AN:}~ I do not own this picture- nor do I claim to. I found it on Pinterest and really loved the art style, so I decided to include it in my piece. The post was linked to this tumblr account (freckledbodty), and if anyone is uncomfortable with the use of this image I'll take it down immediately. 

     Yato's p.o.v~

I loved him. I know deep down that I've loved him since I saw his soul all that long time ago. 

I still love him. 

However I know he'll never love me back. 

I was reminded by sharp and sudden strikes of pain that his sinful thoughts continued to fester. This was a blessing and a curse. A carrot that always dangled just-so out of his reach. 

Who did he think of?

These thoughts brewed like storm clouds, the fog in his brain preventing him from coming to any logical conclusion and instead confusing him further. He sat with his back against the wall, enjoying the sounds of pattering rain drops as white noise in the background of his inner monologue.  A small whimper sounded from beside him, where Yukine always sleeps. 

I felt bad. The nights here always seemed to drop in temperature, and surely the rain was only making it worse. Yet here I am, unable even to provide a warm shelter for the both of us.

 Though it seems tonight, the cold has pros as well as cons. The sounds or fabric rubbing against concrete grew louder as Yukine crawled over to me, laying down next to me and curling so that his head rested comfortably on my thighs. It's natural that an amazing god such as myself is able to radiate such natural warmth. 

Or at least that's the excuse he gave himself as he began to run his fingers through Yukine's soft locks, enjoying the way he could clearly see the younger relax under his touch. It was clear by the way the blonde nuzzled into his leg, comforted not only by the God's warmth but by his very presence alone. Yato shrugged off his jacket and laid it across his partner, happy to be able to provide him with that, at least.

 I couldn't help it. He was too cute. I chuckled, leaned down, and kissed him. He stirred, immediately flushing a bright read before slowly starting to kiss back. They broke for air and Yukine snuggled deeper into his thigh, wrapping his arms around my waist contently.

 He smiled and returned to running his nimble fingers through Yukine's strands of gold.

"Go to sleep little one."

Eventually, Yukine's breathing evened and I could tell he feel asleep. This moment was perfect. He was wrapped in my arms with no complaint, even... happy to be there. 

We fit perfectly into each other, like he was meant to be no where else but in my grip. 

I dozed off, as happy as can be with an angel resting between in my arms.