Forgotten

Prologue___________________________________________________________________

    The mysteries beneath the surface of this world are endless. This is a fiction story about a girl who encounters one that is life-changing. Her name is Rose. Rose Willows.

Chapter 1_________________________________________________________________

   Rose climbed out of bed and walked over to her closet drearily. She dreaded school. Dreaded it. Rose pulled off her Snoopy-covered pajama pants and tossed them into the hamper. She slipped off her shirt and tossed it to the ground. After pulling on her "delicates," Rose put back on her shirt she slept in and slipped into her favorite jeans. She pulled on her faded socks, and walked over to her vanilla-cream mirror. She picked up her hairbrush and worked at her knots. After finishing, she pulled out her makeup handbag (a black metallic pouch with "Bite Me" scrawled across the front in gothic letters) and opened it. After outlining her eyes with black eyeliner and giving them a mysterious smokey look with gray, Rose dabbed some concealer on and put her makeup pouch away. She trudged over to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, then went over to the full-length mirror in the hallway. After examining her outfit, (her dark dirt-colored hair reaching just beneath her chest, a baggy crimson Aerosmith shirt, and her wrinkled dark skinny jeans) she trotted downstairs. There she pulled on her black Converse hi-tops, ate breakfast quickly, kissed her parents goodbye and ran out the door.

   Rose climbed onto the bus tiredly and stomped down the aisle. She plopped into her empty seat. The bus was lonely without her sister, Mary, who had left high school for college. Rose sighed and rolled over in her seat so she could have a good view out the window. It was a foggy, dreary Monday. No differences there. Except without her sister, drawing on the fog-covered window wasn't as fun.

   Rose trotted through the halls unnoticed, and stuffed her bookbag into her locker. She closed it slowly, and sensed that everyone was looking at her. She stopped breathing, but still unsure, didn't dare look to find out. She just ducked her head down and darted off.