Midnight Mayhem Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

           -  I know you deserve someone special, someone who can love you back completely, I'm not saying I don't love you Danny - God knows how much I love you but -" I stopped her rambling with my lips, at first she was frozen in shock but then she responded, her lips kissed mine back so fiercely but then she was gone, ripped out of my embrace. She stood a few feet away from me with fresh tears pouring from her soft eyes.

"Danny I- I can't, we can't. I'm sorry."

"Rose don't do this, we can figure out what we'll do about our dad when we get to him o.k? Please Rose just don't - don't do this."

"It's already done Danny."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9

Danny's P.O.V.

        A week without Rose was like a year without rain. My insides felt like they had shrunken down to the size of a baby's fist. I could barely breathe without her. My days were duller and I was so depressed I made Eyore look downright excited.  In school i couldn't focus, it had only been a week since Rose stopped talking to me and my grades had gone from A's to C's and D's with an F in math. She's got me wrapped around her fingers and she doesn't even know it.

     I could feel myself falling to pieces just thinking about her so I tried to pay attention to what Manny was saying, I'd almost forgotten we were still in school - last period. " - so who do you think coach is going to play?" What the heck is Manny talking about? "What?" "Dude have you been listening at all? We were talking about the game next week. Jordan's off of his crutches now so he can play but I don't know he plays the same position you do so-" The rest of Manny's sentence was wasted on  my ears because the bell rang, signaling the end of school and soon I caught the scent of some Twilight Woods perfume Rose loved outside my classroom door. It was her, I knew it was, it had to be her. I stood up, abruptly ending my conversation with Manny.

             I reached the door at teh same time that she pushed it open lightly. Stepping back to avoid being caught by the door I caught her eye(s) and got lost in them momentarily. We were blocking the doorway and other students grumbled as they pushed past us but we could both care less, all we saw was each other. Realizing in the absence of sound that we were now alone in the room I pulled her inside and shut the door behind her.

            We both began speaking at the same time and Rose flushed lightly. She fidgeted with her hands, looking at the ground and her shoes - anywhere but at my face. Peering at her face I could see what I had missed before, a light bruise forming on her neck. Glancing up when a strangled sound escped my lps she followed my eyes to her neck and turned away from me, reddening and adjusting her shirt so that the bruise was mostly hidden.

"Rose-"

"Drop it Danny. Just - please, drop it."

My fist clenched as I brought them up to the back of my head, I want to help her but she won't let me, why can't she see that he'll kill her?

Rose sighed and took a hesitant step towards me before meeting my eyes and walking up to me.

"Danny, look forget about my dad I -"

"Forget about your dad - he's the bastard that has you too afraid to fall - thinking no one will be there to catch you, he's the one that keeps you from loving me....How can I forget about him Rose? I can't forget him when he's doing all of this to you, please, please just let me help you."

Rose sank into a nearby chair and pulled her legs up, wrapping her arms around herself before speaking again, with a strangled voice; "I can't leave him Danny, I can't take us away from him - we're all he has left, if we leave it'll kill him...what if my mom were to wake up from her coma one day and we were gone? I can't -" her voice broke as silent tears slid down her face, pooling at her chin before traveling down to her neck.

           Without hesitatation I sat on the desk her chair was by and pulled her up into my arms. Tucking her head into the crook of my arm I sat there and just let her cry, she desevred a good cry - after all that she'd been through, first with her mom's accident and now with her dad and Koda - I think I'd want to do more than cry but Rose is such a gentle person, she would literally never hurt a fly.

       We sat there for who knows how long but when her tears stopped flowing I put my hand under her chin, being careful to avoid her bruise and looked into her eyes; "If I can't convince you to leave promise me one thing, " I paused, waiting until she gave me a small nod, "If things get worse, if you ever just want to leave - even if you're just getting away for a while come to me, I'll always be there for you. I won't care about what time it is and I won't ask any questions, if you want to tell me anything I'll listen but I won't pry. Just know you can come to me Rose." Rose didn't speak she just sat there for a moment before squishing herself tighter into my arms. Holding her against me I silently prayed to God - I asked for her and Koda's safety but first and foremost I asked for her to have the courage to leave with Koda and when her mom got better her mom too.

I'd give my life if it meant that she'd be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            I love Danny, he's a sweet guy, and don't worry they'll have their real talk in the next chapter, cross my heart hope to die stick a needle in my eye. COMMENT , VOTE - VOMMENT BECOME A FAN, ETC. I'm out of school tomorrow because of this blizzard - snow day - so if I get enough votes and comments tonight I can have an update by tomorrow afternoon.

~Ciao - love ya,etc.

Nicole<3