𝟥𝟨 | 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖲 𝖢𝖧𝖱𝖨𝖲𝖳𝖬𝖠𝖲

CORINNE RUNG THE DOORBELL adjacent to the large double doors

CORINNE RUNG THE DOORBELL adjacent to the large double doors. The fiberglass was frosted so she could only see outlines of shapes. "Cece?" A older man opens the door making her nod as he steps back walking in.

"Hi." She says, softly as he takes the Nothing Bundt Cake from her arms. "I'm Andrej." He tells her, while they walk through the foyer into the family room where Corinne spotted De'Anna and a older woman talking in the room full of people.

"Hey." De'Anna says, standing up and going to give her a hug. "Hi." Corinne smiles, hugging her back even though she still was a nervous wreck. "Aren't you just the cutest? I'm his grandma, Cynthia but you can just call me Cyn." The woman introduces. "I'm Corinne. It's nice to meet you." She didn't expect to be pulled into a hug.

"We hug over here, okay?" Cynthia says, as Corinne hugs her back. "My wife and son is somewhere around here. You can mingle and run into them or I can go get them." Andrej tells the teen making her shake her head. "You're fine. I'll find them eventually." Corinne shakes her head, not prepared to meet Vic.

Of course, she had known of him through her father and while she had seen him in passing. She knew she could count how many words she'd said to him on one hand. Him not liking Priest was all he needed not to like her and she really wanted him to like her.

"Don't be nervous, Cece." Cynthia says. "I look nervous?" She asks, trying her hardest not to start thinking of ways to leave the Christmas party. "A little."

"I'm trying not to be." Corinne mumbles, looking at the painting on the wall. Trying to find the calmness in the gradient of colors. "You're fine. Just be yourself." Andrej says taking off the white vintage Chanel puffer, before walking it over to the family coat closet.

"How about I have Katrina give you a tour?" De'Anna suggest, knowing she had already texted her daughter.

"No, I'm okay. I just need a minute to get comfortable." Corinne didn't want to pull her away from the party because she was about to worry herself into a anxiety attack.

"She doesn't mind. Right, babygirl?" De'Anna glances at her daughter walking out of the dining room. "Mind what?"

"Showing Cece around." De'Anna makes Katrina pay attention to the girl in the white long sleeve jumpsuit with red Moon Boots. "Of course not. Come on, Cece." Katrina gestures for Corinne to follow her. "So you're my brother's girlfriend?" Katrina asks as soon as they make it into the foyer.

"Something like that." Corinne mumbles, looking at the wall art livening the white walls. "Something like that?"

"We don't have a label for what we got going on." She tells De'Anna's mini me as they begin going up the grand staircase. "And you met him how many months ago?"