chapter 26

Emily's POV:

I woke up early, earlier than I wanted to. My muscles still ached from last night and I still had an hour before school started.

I reluctantly got up and headed towards the bathroom. I stripped from my black tank top and purple fluffy pants and got in the shower letting the hot water smooth my aching muscles.

After micheal had come to get me to see if I still wanted to fight we stayed in the gym for a good two hours before we decided we should go to bed for school tomarrow.

I still wanted to fight but I didn't argue, but I didn't unwrap my hands until I got up into my room.

Once the pain went away I quickly got out only to realize I didn't bring any clothes in here. Dang it.

I wrapped a towel around my body and slipped out of the bathroom to quickly grab some clothes.

I had just bent down to get into my dresser when someone walked in. "Umm....I think we should...oh my god... Sorry" and just like that micheal was out the door. I chuckled silently and finished grabbing a dark purple short sleved shirt and some light blue, white wash jeans. I quickly put them on and then shoved on my black hoodie. Only then did I barrel down the steps to find micheal in the kitchen eating a poptart seeming lost in thought. I laughed and he looked at me "sorry about that" he looked like he wanted to say more but he didn't. "No problem, I didn't mind. I would have minded if I was compleatly naked but I had a towel around me. By the way, why are you up so early, we still have like 30 minutes until we had to wake up. "Umm... In all honesty, I couldn't sleep, my mind would stop thinking for two seconds to let me. So when I heard you moving around in your room I thought I should talk to you about last night". I looked down at my feet and nodded my head. This is the first real conversation we have had in a week and we are talking about something I would rather not talk about, great.

"There is nothing to talk about, it's over, and I'm over it". Why was I just going to talk to him about everything when I knew as soon as we got to school the jerk would be back. So time to put on my act and move on with my day.

He looked hurt but he quickly masked it with that cold expression I have come to hate. "Fine, don't talk to me, but you can't just keep it inside forever. all that's going to do is hurt you even more" he snapped back at me.

"Maybe I like the pain"

Michaels POV:

"Maybe I like the pain" she whispered under her breath. She didn't think I heard it but I did and I was shocked. She has never said anything like that before.

Before I could think about it anymore she grabbed her keys off the counter and bolts out of the house. I didn't even know what I was doing but before I knew it I was chasing after her.

She was only about a foot away from her car when I grabbed her wrist and spin her around to face me.

I slightly stepped forward pushing her against the car door. "Why..... Would you ever...... Harm yourself in anyway" I brushed a strand of hair out of her face. I was tired of avoiding her, tired of her not knowing how I felt about her. I know it will probably end up hurting her in the end but I just can't handle her not knowing. I can't handle her thinking I am some stuck up jerk that only thinks about himself and how to play with a girls mind.

She was stunned with the sudden closeness of our bodies and she answered without even really knowing what was coming out of her mouth. "I used to cut myself because I couldn't handle my father beating me, I couldn't handle the guilt. So I cut myself to just end the pain. But I stopped after a while because it just wasn't helping, the pain was still there, my dad was still beating me, and the guilt, oh the guilt, was defiantly still there. so there was no point anymore." The tears were just steaming down her face but she didn't stop. "And I was just tired of feeling worthless and not good enough for anyone to love me. That's why I have never had a boyfriend, that's why my father beats me, nobody loves me, and nobody can love me." She looks like she wants to say more but she can't stop crying enough to even form a coherent word without it. ring dorwed out with sobs that wracked her body.

I wrabbed my arms around her waist and I now had tears in my eyes. I never knew she felt this way.

When she calmed down she continued. "And all those people that bully me. They call me names, the call me fat, and ugly, and I believe them. I believe them because their all true. Their all true about me." That hit a nerve and I pulled back enough to look at her face, red from crying and still having the tears in her eyes threatening to spill over.

"Dont you ever say that, you are the most beautiful and most wonderful person I have ever met. Sure your dad beat you and you get bullied. But you are stronger than all of them. I know some people who would have ended their lives at the first sign of distress. Yet you, you fought through it and you have lived through it for years, Emily, years. Yet your still going. And I love you for that".

Wow, micheal told her that he loved her. This chapter seriously made me cry. It's sad but some people actually feel this way about themselves. Emily is just lucky that she has someone like micheal in her life. Love you guys. I am really enjoying this book and there is still more to do.

Do you guys think I should do a sequel or just end their story with this book. Because I honestly don't know how I am supposed to tell everything that I want to tell in only one book unless it is like a huge book.

I don't know but please comment and vote.
Bye.
P.S. I would love it if someone would make a cover for this book. I will have a contest and whoever makes the best cover. Their cover will be the cover of this book.