Chapter 17

Ray's POV:

Ray woke up the next morning and went over the events of the night before. After agreeing to give the relationship with Hoseok a chance, he had taken her to a late night dinner at a tiny café halfway across town. They had held hands over bowls of ramen, giggled over memes, and shared sweet kisses.

At the text notification, Ray rolled over in the bed and picked up her phone.

Hobi:

Good morning beautiful

8:16 AM

Ray:

Good morning Hobi

8:16 AM

Hobi:

Did I wake you?

8:17 AM

Ray:

No

I just woke up

Have to work the early shift today

8:18 AM

Hobi:

Can I see you tonight?

8:19 AM

Ray hesitated before responding. She really did like Hoseok but at the same time, she didn't want to get too involved and end up setting herself up for heartbreak later on.

Hobi:

Please don't say no

I know you're thinking of rejecting me

8:22 AM

Ray:

Okay

What time?

8:23 AM

Hobi:

I have dance practice and a photoshoot

How about 8?

8:24 AM

Ray:

That's fine

8:24 AM

Hobi:

I'll come there if it's okay with you?

8:25 AM

Hoseok coming here? What if a fan sees him? Ray was worried about him and didn't really want to take the chance but it would be nice to visit with him without having to hide.

Ray:

Okay

8:27 AM

Hobi:

Great
I can't wait to see you

8:28 AM

I love you

8:29 AM

That was not something Ray was going to get used to anytime soon. How could someone from the biggest boyband in the world be in love with a waitress from the US? It was mind-boggling but at the same time, it made Ray's heart skip a beat. She had fallen in love with Hoseok without even realizing it. He had snuck in while she wasn't paying attention and stolen her heart. Now the only question was how long could it possibly last?

Hoseok's POV:

"I swear that if you keep whistling, I am going to drown you!" Yoongi snarled from his prone position on the couch in the practice room. The members were taking a quick break from their dance practice and had settled themselves in different spots around the room. Yoongi was trying to sneak in a nap before they had to resume their practice.

"Ohhh... don't be like that!" Hoseok smiled at the agitated man and sent him a wink, pulling his phone out of his pocket to check for a reply from Ray.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Yoongi asked, sitting up. "Why are you so happy this morning?"

Hoseok shrugged his shoulders, the smile fading a bit when there were no texts. "Do I have to have a reason to be happy? Can't I smile without a reason?"

Jungkook looked back and forth between the two, leaned over and whispered to Jimin. "It has something to do with Ray, doesn't it?" he asked.

Hoseok shrugged his shoulders again. Namjoon put a hand on his arm. "I'm not telling you what to do, but I am telling you to be careful," he said gently. "For your safety and hers."

Hoseok's smile dropped. "I love her," he said simply.

Namjoon's eyebrows raised in surprise. "What do you mean you love her? You can't possibly be in love with her," he replied.

Hoseok's gaze darkened in irritation and he jerked away from Namjoon. "And why not? Because she's an American? Because I'm an idol? Why can't I be in love with this beautiful girl who treats me like anyone else? Why I can't I be in love with this amazing woman who makes me feel like I'm on top of the world? Why can't I?" he demanded.

Namjoon hesitated before reaching a hand out again. "I'm not trying to discourage you, but I want you to be realistic about it. She's going to go back to the US in a couple of months and there's a chance you may never see her again," he said cautiously. "What then?"

Hoseok shook him off again. "We'll make it work. I'll go visit her when we're not busy with touring. When we're in the US, I'll be able to see her. I'll fly her here when she's on break from school. I... I... I'll make it work," he said softly. "I love her."

Namjoon let out a sigh. "Be careful. That's all I'm going to say. Be careful so you don't break her heart. Or yours."