you

"one, two, three, four, five. one, two, three, four, five. one, two, three, four, five. one, two, three, four, five. one, two, three, four, five. one, two, three, four, five." he mumbled quietly.

"he's been like that since the alarm went off at six in the morning, mister kim", she started. i saw her tag 'miyeon' when i looked up at her.

"uhmm, miyeon, is it? how long has he been here?"

"i was newly assigned in this department, sir, but based on the records, it's been three years. he got admitted second of september three years ago."

"oh, that long. was i away for that long?" i spoke out. she looked at me confused but didn't say a word.

she reminded me that a bouquet was left at the nurse station addressed to him. after a while, she left for the rounds.

"one, two, three, four, five. one, two..."

i left him for awhile since he's just staring at the wall, mumbling- i can't stand it. i can't express how painful it was for me when i was away when it happened. how much more for him when he's literally infront of it?

drying up my tears, i walked down the silent corridor to the nurse's station. there it was, laying flat on the counter. i asked the nurse if i could take it to him and she agreed.

it was a weird looking flower, red and stacked up like a sword. it's in a white bouquet paper with a simple note.

'be strong. always. sjk 20--'

i went back into the room and saw him on the same area i left him awhile ago, still mumbling incoherently.

before setting up the flower into the vase, i took a photo and searched it up.

gladioulus. the only flower shop that sells them in the country is from jin's.

out of the corner of my eye, i saw a cabinet quite opened, i walked towards it and saw a wooden box inside. when i opened it, dried petals of the same flower was inside. some were in fragments and some were quite whole, yet fragile to touch.

there were cards inside- seven to be exact. it matches with the card from the bouquet awhile ago but with different years. i pulled all of them at once but one fell, face down.

it has O written on it. i turned all of them and the letters K N K G J O U in cursive was printed.

rearranging it spells to jungkook.

be strong. always. jungkook. sjk.

-------

SO THAT CONCLUDES THE LOVE SERIES!!

ALL OF THEM ARE CONNECTED, AND IM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO FINISH,, I WASNT IN MY BEST MENTAL STATE TO WRITE. EVERYTHING IS SUCH A MESS, SORRY.

BUT HERE, IT'S THE LAST STORY ON THE LIST. FOR THOSE WHO STAYED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! PLEASE DO APPRECIATE THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES AS WELL, THANK YOU!

-signing off, sana.