four

⌕ :: ⌗O1❝𝗜 𝗿𝘂𝗻 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝘀, 𝗮𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁'𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲❞

The morning was calm. Y/n followed her daily morning routine. Showering, getting ready for school, meeting up with her friend, etc. It was normal but, something felt different. Walking into the school building the three of them split up. Being in different classes was a pain. Putting things into her locker she felt uneasy. Not sure what the feeling was Y/n tried to think of what could be making her feel that way. 'Akaashi has a girlfriend now...shit.'

She walked to her first-period class. The only thing going through her head was Akaashi. 'would it be any different now? he has a girlfriend, someone new in his life. Will he forget us?' Her mind wandered. Now in front of her classroom, she walked in. Not paying any mind to the eyes that followed her as she walked to her seat.

The day was the same. Walking into classrooms, eating lunch, walking around the hallways. It felt as if a song was on loop for hours. Y/n walked into the music classroom, closing the door behind her. Once again she was back in the same spot as yesterday. In front of the piano, the same position. Deja vu

She still felt uneasy. The air was heavy, it felt hard to breathe but there was nothing different. Ignoring the anxious feelings she began to place her hands on the piano and begin to play. Same keys as yesterday. Same song as yesterday. Life was just repeating itself. It felt like a never-ending cycle, it made y/n feel worse. continuing to sing along to the song she was playing on the piano she heard the door open. She already knew who had walked in, it was almost like a daily routine for them to visit the music room after practice. After finishing the song, the person spoke.

"Woah it sounded even better today," Bokuto said softly placing his bag on a chair before sitting on the piano seat next to Y/n. "teach me" he spoke. Y/n looked at him in confusion. " Teach you? You sure about that?" she asked. " yes I'm sure! I want to learn " he replied. Y/n grabbed one of his hands and began to talk, " there are 7 main notes. A, B, C, D, E,F , G" she placed his fingers on each of those keys as she said them aloud. He stayed silent as she grabbed her bag. Rummaging through her bag she pulled out a mark, a sheet of paper, and a whiteboard marker. Confused, Bokuto asked " what do you need that for?". she ignored him and began to write the letters of each key on the piano. " you are going to play a song." she said bluntly. The boy panicked as he comprehended the words that just came out of her mouth. "wait what-" he was cut off. " I am going to write the notes of a simple song and if you can play it and identify the song you did it correctly," she said with that blunt tone once again.

She picked up the piece of paper and began writing the notes onto it. as she wrote she whispered the letters softly "c , c , g, g , a , a , g". bokuto already began to regret his decisions, it was written all over his face. Lifting the piece of paper she placed it on the music page rack that sat on top of the piano. "try it" she looked up at him and smiled. He gave her a scared look. she continued to look at him "what are u waiting for? " she said with a teasing tone. "Y/nnnnn! Help me!!!! " he whined. "you haven't even tried yet! are least give it a try! " she replied. he gave up on whining and began to try. he did it, but very slowly.

⌕ :: ⌗O1❝𝗶 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗴𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗲𝗿 & 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗴𝗼 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝗲❞

"was it that hard? " the short girl asked as she got up from her seat next to him. "no, not really! I thought it would be harder". " No wonder u like music so much," He said with a positive tone. She smiled to herself. It made her happy that he had tried something new for once. "That's good to hear" She replied. You could practically hear her smiling by just the way she's talked. Y/n started putting away the instruments and music sheets, bokuto helping her out at the same time. "hey y/n" He started. "Is it me or does something feel off today? " He asked. His tone of voice changed very quickly. "Yeah, I thought it was only me. It feels like everything and everyone is just repeating itself.". " It's throwing me off so badly, it makes me wanna cry in a way" She responded, not sure how to put it into words. Bokuto just frowned, he wasn't used to y/n being sad. "Hey, where's Akaashi? I just realized he wasn't here," Bokuto asked right before he was about to close down the piano. "Not sure, I haven't seen him all day. Not even a text," Y/n said. "I hope he's okay". Bokuto quickly glanced at her then to realize her back was turned to him, her face looking down at the ground. 'Is she... okay? '

" You ready? " He asked grabbing her bags for her as she lined up the chairs properly before "mhm!" she smiled lining up the last chair. "You have the keys? " He asked. "yes! " she answered pulling them out of her pocket flashing him a quick smile. Y/n took a last look around the classroom, making sure she hadn't left anything. "Okay, let's go. I'm so tired of looking at this room UGHhh" She complained while locking the door. "That's rare" He gasped "you've never been tired of this room.". "I think I've been trying too hard to improve. My throat kinda hurts," She said as they walked out of the building. "Hmmm... wanna go get boba or something then? " He asked hoping it would make her feel a bit better. Her eyes automatically lit up "OF COURSE-" she was cut off by bokuto placing his hand over her mouth " PEoPLe Are StArinG". "sorry, but... WHEN DID YOU CARE ABOUT THAT?!? " she forced his hand off her mouth. He just laughed since she was right, he never cared.

"Are we going to wait for Akaashi? " She asked. "If you want to, I'm not sure where he is" Bokuto replied. "Well, let's figure it out" She pulled out her phone. dialing his number she felt a pain in her throat. it felt like a sharp needle sticking her every few seconds but she decided to ignore it, trying her hardest not to say anything about it.

"Hello? " A voice came through the phone "Hey, Kashi where you been? I haven't seen you all day! " Y/n replied. "Sorry! I'm cleaning the gym right now with Yukie since bokuto left earlier than he was supposed to " Akaashi replied with a hint of annoyance in his voice " Are you almost done? We're gonna go get boba! " She said with excitement " We're almost done. Wait for me! Wait for me! " He replied. "don't take too long, okay? ". " okay okay! is it okay if we study there? We have a test on Thursday! " Akaashi asked panicking. "Of course! We have a few hours, just don't take too long okay? " She replied "Okay! Give me 5 minutes! I'll meet u at the front of the school! " He said not noticing that y/n and bokuto could hear him running around and throwing things into the storage closet. "We're already here! So we'll see u in a bit," Bokuto said letting out a laugh before Y/n hung up the phone.