The Flu Sucks

Iris' POV

During last period I started to feel really sick. My stomach was hurting, I had a headache, I was dizzy, and I was coughing non-stop. I asked if I could go to the nurse and she said I had fever of 102.1. She was afraid it was a late strand of the flu, so she sent me home. I drove back to my place and texted my parents telling them I came home from school with flu like symptoms and asked them to pick me up some medicine. They told me they were going to be home late and to call a friend to take care of me. I knew that the girls were probably at Lyza and Via's place helping Via record her video with Luke, so I decided to call Michael. I mean he counts as friend, right? He's just a special friend. I texted him and told him to come over because I wasn't feeling well. He told me he would be over in a couple minutes. I tried my best not to look like a dump, but I just gave up and put sweats on and put my hair in a ponytail. I crawled into bed clutching my stomach groaning. I heard the doorbell ring and I felt to sick to get up, so I assumed that if it was Michael he could grab the key under the welcome mat. I heard the door open and heard someone walk up to my room.

"Oh, my poor baby." I heard Michael say. I just groaned in response and I felt him crawl in my bed.

"Nooo, Mikey! I don't want to get you sick!" I said and I felt his arms pull me close to him. I shivered and that caused him to pull me closer.

"I don't care. I will lay hear all week if I have to." This is why I love Michael. He can act all tough and punk, but he is honestly such a sweetheart.

"You're are such a dork." I whispered.

"Hey! I heard that!"

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't want you to hear it."

"Well, you are the one dating a dork." He said and I giggled. Then, I started having a coughing fit and my head started pounding. "Iris? Are you okay?"

"Can I have some water?" I said in between coughs.

"Of course!" He said sprinting downstairs and then entering my room with a glass of water. He handed it to my shaking hands and I took a sip of it. The coughing subsided, but my head was still pounding. I groaned and curled up in a ball. "I brought medicine!" He said puffing his chest out.

"My hero." I said sarcastically as he handed me the pills. I swallowed both up them and laid back down in bed. Then he went and made me some soup and sat down next to me in my bed.

"Can we play FIFA?" he asked.

"FIFA?" I asked giving him a look.

"Fiiiine, we can play Lego Harry Potter, but only because you are sick." he said and I kissed his cheek.

"Love ya." I said as he put the disk in.

"Yeah yeah." he said and I laughed. He handed me one of the controllers and sat next to me. We played for hours and then I heard the front door open. I looked at the clock and it was 10:00. Oh my god! My parents are home! If they see Michael in my room they are going to freak!

"Michael." I whispered horsely.

"Yes, babe."

"Climb out my window."

"What?"

"My parents are home and if they see you in here they are going to flip."

"I don't care."

"I care!" I said a bit too loudly.

"Iris, sweetie. Are you feeling better?" I heard my mother say.

"Yeah mom! I'm feeling a little better!" I yelled back. "Just go." I whispered. Michael looked hurt, but I didn't want my mom getting the wrong idea. "Please, if you don't I might never get to see you again." I said and with that he got up and opened up the window. He climbed down the vine next to my window and blew me a kiss when he landed. I smirked and watched as he left. I let out a breath that I had been holding the whole time. My mom came up to my room to fine me looking out my window.

"Honey, what are doing?" she asked.

"Oh, hey mom. My head was really hurting and I thought some fresh air might help." I replied

"Oh, well I brought home some Advil which should help with that." she said handing me the capsules.

"Thanks." I said smiling

"Oh did Victoria come over?" she asked.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, we just played some video games and talked about school."

"That's good, and I think it would be best if you stayed home from school. Are you going to be okay on your own?"

"Yeah." I said thinking about texting Michael so we could spend the day together. I mean it isn't the perfect date, but playing Lego Harry Potter sounds pretty fun to me. My mom left my room and I crawled under my covers and drifted to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the flu last month and it totally sucked! I didn't even have Michael to play video games with! Torture, I know.

Updated coming soon lovelies
Via<3