Chapter 14

I walked around Hogsmead with Draco for a while, searching and exploring shops. At some point we departed because I spotted Ginny and Hermione in the distance coming out of the three Broomsticks. It irritated the hell out of me that I couldn't be friends with Draco in front of them, we had to hide our friendship and it bugged me so much.
"Goodbye, I'll see you when we get back" I said quietly
"You'll have to tell them sometime, you know" he said and started walking away. Was he mad at me for not telling them sooner? Should I tell them now?
"Draco wait" I said and stood in front of him "I want to tell them and you now that right so how about we discuss this together when we get back?" I asked hopefully
"Sure. . ."he looked as though he was going to do something, his hands were slightly outstretched and he leaned forward, like he was going to hug me, but then thought better of of and he walked away. I watched him until he was an unrecognizable dot far away. I stood there for a while and I felt something weird at the pit of my stomach, something I can't explain. It felt as though something was taken away from me, something very important. After a few seconds I realized that I was missing Draco's company. I was just standing when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I turned around to a familiar pair of green eyes.
"We need to talk" was all he said before he pulled me to a quiet ally way.
"What the heck Harry" I said confused as to why he brought me into a dodgy looking ally.
"I need to tell you something-" he said and then looked around him to check if anyone was watching us.
"Well spit it out then" I said impatiently.
"Okay, you being friends with Malfoy has presenting us with a problem. Ron and Hermione are noticing your absences and weird behavior"
"What do you mean 'weird behaviour'" I asked
"Well over the last few months whenever they ask you where you've been or why you were late for supper or why you are going back to your common room so early or why you were talking to Malfoy, you just say you were tired or you over slept or you had homework or it's Head Girl stuff. They weren't born yesterday, they know something's up. They don't know what it is but I'm pretty sure it won't take them long to figure it out if you give them enough clues" he said in a whisper.
"Look I'm going to tell them, I am. When I get back Draco and I will decide when we're going to tell them" I said looking up at him
"Sam why don't you just stop being friends with him, it would make life so much easier. I don't even understand why you like him, he's such a br-" before he could say anything more I gave him a death glare.
"I mean he's such a brilliant person" he said smiling nervously "no but seriously Sam I don't see what you see in him he's foul" I balled my hands into fists and spoke as softly as I could, but my voice was firm and angry.
"Don't you dare insult him in front of me, he has gone through things you wouldn't even imagine. You've had it bad Harry you truly have had very bad experiences but he had to endure. . .never mind. The point is that he is my friend, asking me to just ditch him is like asking me to stop being friends with you. I will tell Ron and Hermione, and in the mean time could you just help me out here" I said and with one final stare I walked off to buy some sweets.

"So when are we going to tell those friends of yours of our friendship?" He asked as he sat down next to me.
"Well I've been doing a lot of thinking and I was wondering, why don't we tell them at the dance. It's the perfect time to tell them, right?" I asked hopefully
"Yeah, let's tell them then" he said "I have a question for you but it has nothing to do with that whole situation. How are we going to sort out the masks for the dance. The dance is in five days" he said.
"Oh don't worry, I've got a plan" I said and we set to work. We went out asking people what colours they wanted for their masks. I even gave some fashion advise to some girl who nearly burst into tears because she couldn't decide which colour she wanted.

"Okay so is that it?" I asked Draco as we returned to our common room portrait.
"No there was still another year to tell us their colours" he said with a serious face.
"What? Why didn't you tell me I still had time? Now I need to go back there!" I said slightly annoyed.
"Jeez, I was joking. We have completed our duties for the masks" he said.
"Ugh you moron" I said punching his arm playfully.
"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Said a low and lazy voice.
"Goblin" we both said and without further interrogation we were let in.
We plonked ourselves down on the soft couch that seats three, I took off my shoes and sat cross legged. I was just about to ask Draco something when a knock came from he door.
"Who is it?" I said not wanting to get out of my comfortable spot.
"It's the most awesome person you have ever met, oh and Hermione" said Ginny's voice
"How rude, I'm way more awesome than you" said Hermione
"Come in guys" I said. I felt movement next to me, I turned my head to see Draco standing up and was about to leave. I grabbed his hand and for some reason electric currents shot through my hand. . .well at least it felt like electric currents.
"What are you doing, why are you going?" I asked him quickly
"I don't think they would want to speak to you with me here" he said
"Draco I really am sorry about this I-" but he cut me off with a small smile.
"Mantha don't worry it's not your fault, just call me when their gone" he said and he gently freed himself from my grasp and disappeared into his room.
"Hello stranger" said a voice from behind me. I turned around to see a beaming Ginny and Hermione.
"Hi guys" I said putting on my best smile. They both took a seat on a couch that seats one, at either end of the coffee table.
"Sam we just wanted to see if you got a dress and shoes for the dance because you didn't come and call us to shop with you" Hermione asked me.
Oh God how am I going to cover up that I went shopping with Draco?
"Oh damn I forgot to buy shoes" I said hoping that would distract them from the first question.
"Oh don't worry Sam I've got some black heels that would most probably fit you" Ginny said "did you find a dress?"
"Um yes I did"
"I wanna see" Hermione said excitedly. "Go put it on and show us"
"Oh and while you're getting dressed I'll get the shoes" Ginny said getting out her wand.
I went into my room and slipped the dress on. I walked out to see them in the middle of a conversation.
"So" I said and they turned to look at me "what do you think?" I said giving them a twirl and the bottom fanned out.
"Sam you look absolutely stunning" Hermione said
"You look amazing" Ginny said "here are the shoes" she said handing me a pair of plain black heels that were, as Ginny said, my size. One thing was off though, the heel was taller than I'm used too. I hardly wear heels. I took them nevertheless and put them on, using the wall for balance. I stood straight and almost fell back down.
"These are way too high" I said
"No their not, not at all. They are average height" Ginny said "you just maybe have to practice walking and dancing in them" she walked back to the couch and Hermione stood up.
"Sam we have to go but I hope you know you will be getting ready for the dance with us" Hermione said with a smile and she and Ginny left. I slowly walked over to Draco's room and knocked.
"Come in" he said. I opened the door to see a neat and tidy room. Draco hated a messy space.
"They're gone" I said and he stood up from his bed.
"Great, did-" for a moment he looked confused "why are you wearing your dance dress?" He asked.
"Oh Hermione and Ginny wanted to see me in it and Ginny gave me some shoes" I said the last part grumpily.
"What, do you not like the shoes?" He asked now standing in front of me.
"Well they're beautiful besides the fact that they are like 7 inches tall" I said pulling up my dress to reveal the shoes "I can't even walk let alone dance in these things" then an idea struck me light a bolt of lightning.
"Draco, would you help me practice dancing in these skyscrapers?" I asked hopefully
"Yeah sure, let's go" he said and passed me, walking into the couch area. He picked up the couches and coffee table with his wand and set it to one side of the room. I slowly walked over to him.
"Right teach me how to dance" I said
"Okay so your hand goes here" he said taking my right hand in his "and the other" he said putting my other hand on his shoulder. He placed his his hand on my waist and immediately I had that same feeling of electric currents flowing through me and I had no idea why.
"Is that okay?" He asked gesturing to his hand on my waist.
"Yeah it's fine" I said
"Just follow my lead, I'll go slow and once you get used to the shoes I'll go faster okay?" He said looking straight at me. I nodded. He gently pulled me closer to him, so close I could feel his warm breath on my neck, so close I could see each strand of platinum white blond hair, so close I could see each fleck in his magnificent grey eyes.
His feet started moving and to my surprise I followed him without fault, even though both of us were looking nowhere but at each other. We moved together like we were one piece. After a while we picked up the pace and soon we were prancing around the whole room. I stumbled a little with the height of the heels and the speed we were going at. My foot slipped and I was about to fall but Draco tightened his grip on my waist. So instead of falling I was half way between the floor and being upright. We stayed in that position for a few moments, just looking at each other. I wanted to have this feeling for ever, I wanted to bottle it and preserve it forever. It was just. . .perfect. Everything was perfect, but all good things must come to an end.
"Er um I- uh that was good" Draco said bringing me back up. The moment was shattered, gone forever.

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been very busy lately with school and stuff. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please vote, comment and read. I just want to thank everyone that has read this book so far, even the silent readers. I also want to say that I might take a bit longer than usual to update but I will definitely finish this book. Thanks for putting up with me.