#5 Fairies Singing in Star Dresses

A/N: It's my party, and I'll write whatever I want to. (So much angst fluff) Also consider this an introduction to my precious star baby Travis. Fae are Hispanic, nonbinary, blond, and really really eccentric. Fae are actually 19 but Fae can't graduate cause of money and purposefully dunking faer grades. I'm sure I messed up faer age somewhere else but fae're two years older than Jessie. Plus fae're an Aquarius. Carter is also a biracial African-American/Puerto Rican, which I'm only stating to explain a line of dialogue.  

     Travis was smiling the brightest rose pink smile fae had worn in a long, long time. Fae had seated themselves in faer usual place across from me in our four desk squares that cramped the History 12-2 classroom with fae's assortment of color coded notebooks, pencil pouch of gel pens for notes and book of the week which happened to be American Gods for the third week in a row. Faer newly purple dyed hair was up in an elaborate bun fae said helped with studying and faer usual rose colored lips and midnight eyeshadow was on but fae had gone a step beyond the usual Monday attire. Instead of a skirt or even a blouse like fae might wear to exhibit the fact that fae're  a proud nonbinary human, Travis was in a celestially designed dress with a ruffled skirt that went to faer knees and capris covering faer thighs with faded red converse. Fae were so proud, strutting in a full fifteen minutes before the bell with a high head and beaming smile. I couldn't help but grin as faer sat with me. "Looking good, Sinclair. God, when did you buy that? It looks great." Fae giggled like fae always do when fae're excited as fae slid onto the hard plastic chairs. "Lilly's mom took me shopping last week and well, she said I needed a new dress. Matches the hair, don't ya think?" I cackled, my smile growing brighter by the second. I hadn't noticed it but fae had even repainted faer nails a dusk purple to match. "Holy hell! Who did your nails? Seriously, your left doesn't even have any run off. Whenever I do it, it looks like I tried to apply it with a spray can!" Fae rolled faer eyes, smiling. I knew Trav didn't need me ogling everything fae had done but I honestly was proud of fae. The facility at Denton Public High wasn't the most supportive although the students excepted us both when we came out for the most part.

As Trav began to explain that fae were ambidextrous and could use faer left hand better than faer right, a kid who had moved up for A.P. classes tapped my shoulder. "Hey cats! I was wondering if you could tell me where you bought that ring." He began pointing at Travis' amethyst ring on faer middle finger. "Ya see I've been trying to buy something for my lover and they kinda love purple so I thought they would like one." Trav smiled shyly as fae explained, "My girlfriend bought it for my birthday. I think she got it from Daring Dolly but I'm not sure. I just remember her mentioning it when she gave it to me." The boy nodded, as he went in for the kill. "By the way, I love your dress. My lover has one just like it. He was gonna throw it out but he couldn't help it. He adores it." Travis was frozen as faer nervous smile grew wider into an excited grin. "Really? I'd love to meet him." They both laughed as I sat there completely dumbfounded. My grin just kept stretching until it felt like it was about to crack my face. "Holy hell," I exclaimed as he slinked down in the chair next to me. "You're in my advanced Lit., how did I not know this?!" I exclaimed slumping back in my chair as fae laughed.

Travis look so happy, fae must've been so worried putting it on, and fae must've been getting compliments all day. Sometimes I was really proud of our eight hour hell, at least the lost souls tried to help each other. We talked for the next three minutes before the bell interrupted our enlightening conversation about cats dominating the world. The history teacher, Mr. Fleming, trudged in exactly as it rung like always. I still wish for home room first but of course, we have to face the mockery of the disgusting Flem-Ass first thing in the morning. Let me just say the day we came out he said we had to explain because the class wouldn't want to spend ten minutes of their free time reading about a made up name that's used in 'your military'. But he failed to notice that the kids had already searched it and some were even running up with tears cause they were different too.