Chapter Nineteen Human food & Revelations

Edited on 3/12/17

Chapter Nineteen Bree's Pov

Carlisle goes and gets the energy bar.

I know it's not right to lie to them, but until I know why I'm still have my witch powers, I can't risk it. I can tell Jasper figured it out after he whispered in my ear.

Carlisle comes back in the room and hands me an energy bar.

"Alright here you go Bree. I'm not sure if you will be able to digest it or not, even with your heart beating."

"Here goes nothing,"I say to no one in particular.

I open the bar. It doesn't mell to bad. It smells like lemons. I bring the bar to my lips and take a small tentative bite. The flavor matches the smell. It's not the greatest thing in the world, blood it definitely better.

"What do you think Sugar?" Momma asks.

"It's not bad. I still prefer blood. I think I'll be able to keep it down."

"That is fucking awesome. I wish I could keep human food down!" Emmett yells.

I finish the bar. I then whisper the spell I used on myself changing a few things. Emmett's features change for a few seconds. Then it snaps back to me like it should have.

"Woah, Bree did you do that?" He asks.

"Yep, I just couldn't keep the invisible shield around you."

The truth is the spell does use and invisible shield.

"Invisible shield? What do you mean?" Carlisle asks.

"I mean the thing that makes me seem human is a shield that wraps around my body."

I tilt my head looking at him like a lost puppy. How could he not understand what I meant?

"How come I didn't see this happen? Izzy are you blocking my mind from seeing visions with you in them?" Alice asks Momma annoyed and confused.

"No I'm not blocking you. I'm only blocking Edward from reading our minds. Bree I think you may have a shield too."

"I don't think so. The only shield I have is the one that changes my appearance," I explain.

"Weird, I guess I'm subconsciously shielding you from seeing us."

I start to pace Mr.Jasper's study thinking. I'm really good at thinking of a logical explanation of things. I sort through some of my human memories trying to find something that would explain why Alice can't see any visions with me and Momma around.

I was walking home from school one day, I had been living with my older brother in New Orleans in the French Quarter. I got the feeling that I was being followed. Illogically I stopped to see who it was. There behind me was an African American man with big brown eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Marcellus but you can call me Marcel. You intrigue me."

"Why do I intrigue you?" I asked.

"I think you are a strong human and will one day make a great vampire. So I won't kill you. I also happen to know that there is a very powerful family looking for you. You have strong will and will be able to overcome many challenges. Good bye young one," he said and then flashed away.

The flash back startles me. When I open my eyes everyone is staring at me.

"Why are you all staring at me?"