16. Outrage and Anger

Start from the beginning

Just a little.

"Aurora....get the fuck out of my room!" he barked, angrily pointing to the doors, which was now slightly ajar, the left side panel hanging slightly to one side, it's hinge ripped off at the splintered wood of the doorframe.

"No" I answered, not quite understadning why I was doing this myself.

"I'm only going to say this once" Severus breathed, his deep baritone reverberating through me and sending tingles skittering down my spine"Get. Out....Now"

I shook my head defiantly, cursing inwardly at my own foolishness. Why on earth was I doing this? Why would I challenge him like that?

Seeing a vein pulse dangerously at his temple I wondered for the briefest second if I had gone too far. His hands clenched and unclenched, and as his fist baller I could see the white of his knuckles. I wasn't afraid he'd hurt me. No, I was afraid of what he'd say. Why his words affected me so much was beyond me, but right now something inside me craved to make him ubderstand. To put his mind at ease and somehow readon with him about this whole situation.

Seveus seemed to be battling himself, fighting to control his temper. Breathing in deeply the lines in his face deepened, the murderous glare he was sending me only adding to my initial discomfort.

"Aurora, why don't you go back to that blood-sucking boyfriend of yours and leave me the hell alone?!" he hissed angrily, hands baller tightly into fists.

"You obviously went to my room with the intention of telling me something" I lied, trying to sounds convincing while I knew that all this was was a pathetic attempt to keep him talking "I want to know what that was"

"And obviously I interrupted something I shoulde never have seen. Now Leave!" Severus brought out through gritted teeth.

Somehow I sensed I needed to back off a bit, that this wasn't going to work the way I intended to. The overwhelming feeling of loss enveloped me, and I wondered if I would ever be cabpable of being around Severus without feeling guilty.

I turned around ever so slightly, my body yielding to  the need to be away from that hateful gaze, those eyes filled with disgust.

"How could you, Aurora?!" the question threw me off guard, and my eyes rose to meet his. He was looking at me with such contempt that I flinched visibly, unable to form a coherent answer "How could you fall so low as to let that-that monster-feed from you?! Like some ordinary blood-whore?!"

I swallowed.

"Let me guess.... he agreed? In exchange for your...-participation in that disgusting act- he´s arranging the alliance-?" his words were like knives, plunging into my chest at every uttered word. Shrinking away from the contempt in his eyes I shook my head, interrupting him.

"No...." I whispered, my voice breaking on a heavy sigh as I cut him off.

That stopped him dead in his tracks.

"Excuse me?" he breathed, and as I peeked at him from under my eyelashes I saw him look at me insuprise, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"-I mean, I did offer" I said, an edge of desperation to my voice as I confessed what I had been willing to do to guarantee us the alliance "I offered to let Alexander feed from me in exchange of the alliance. He refused"

Severus snorted, the look of disbelief clear on his face as he glowered at me.

"He-instead he wanted me to give him a chance" I finished weakly, casting my eyes downwards, afraid of what I might see in those black eyes.