Chapter 29

" Sydney was quiet the entire ride here and during dinner

" Sydney was quiet the entire ride here and during dinner. I'm worried man" Ink was talking to his brothers after everyone fishier eating and went back to the compound to hang out. Sydney and Haisley were at the playground with the kids while Ink and his brother.

"She's probably just thinking about what happened. I mean her parents seem like real dicks but at the end of the day, they are still her parents" Bear only spoke what he thoughts, sugarcoating wasn't his way of talking to the boys.

"Bear, they hate my guys and I'm sure they don't like their own granddaughter just because I am part of her" ink gulped down the rest of his beer hoping it would calm him.

"Hey, Prez. Someone is at the front gate, they are asking for Sydney" Tank says once he gets to his brother with a concerned look on his face.

"Who is it? Did they say" Ink wanted to know who would ask for Sydney especially at the compound.

"He says he is her dad"

Ink looked at Bear before walking off to where Sydney was sitting. "Baby, can I talk to you for a minute"

"Um yeah. Haisley, can you watch Charmaine for me?" She asks as she stands from her seat.

"Of course, go ahead"

Ink was already dragging Sydney inside the compound before Haisley could finish her sentence.

"Caven?! What the hell!" She yells once Ink stops pulling her. Sydney yanked her hand from his before crossing her arms over her chest.

"Your dad is here"

"What? Where?" Sydney walked to the window and started to frantically look around. She wanted to know how he knew where she was and what he wanted.

"Baby, I'm not sure that it's him. Your parents never knew about the compound" Ink pulled Sydney away from the window so she could look at him.

"Let me go out and check, if it's him I'll bring him inside. If it's not then we have a problem." Ink cupped Sydney's face so she would stop trying to look everywhere but at him.

"Hey. Listen to me. I'll handle this, don't worry. Okay," ink says before pulling her in for a sweet kiss. Sydney melted like butter when he did things like that.

"Fine, just be careful. If my mom is with him, shit is going to go downhill"

"Just wait here. I'll be right back." Ink turns to the front door before heading outside. He wasn't sure what he would be getting into when he goes to the gate but he would do anything for his girls.

The closer Ink got to the front gate he noticed the car. He knew it had to be her dad but the real question was how did he find them.

"Caven! Great, it's you. I was worried I was in the wrong place. I didn't recognize any of the other young men" Sydney's dad calls out once Ink was at the front gate.

"Yes sir, you are in the right place. How'd you even get here?"

"Oh, I followed you. After I dropped Sydney's mother at home I made an excuse to get away." Sydney's dad fumbled with the car keys nervously as he spoke to Ink. It was the first time they had really gotten to have a civil conversation.

"Why did you follow us? Showing up here uninvited could have ended badly, sir" ink motions for one of the prospects to open the gate for him. It slowly opened enough for him to walk straight up to Ink.

"I thought about what Sydney said. Her mother always had the upper hand in most decisions. I lost my ability to stand up for myself living with those women. Don't get me wrong I love her to death but it's my life." Ink didn't know how bad Sydney's mother was controlling him but the look in his eyes told ally about what was hidden behind closed doors.

"That being said, I want to see my granddaughter. I have a lot of making up to do." The dad looks straight into Inks's eyes hoping he would agree to let him see her.

"You may want to talk to Sydney first. Charmaine is out back with my family, Sydney's inside waiting for you" ink motions for the prospect to close the gate before leading Sydney's dad over to the front door of the compound.

"Is she angry at me, Caven? I couldn't blame her if she was."

"You'd be surprised at how little anger she has towards you. She can see the real you, just like I can." Ink opens the front door and walks in. Sydney was sitting at one of the tables with a nervously look on her face as she looks out in the distance. Ink had noticed her spacing out a lot more recently, he just blamed it on the stress.

"Sydney?" Sydney's dad's voice was soft as he looked over at his daughter. Ink could hear how much regret and pain was in his voice.

Sydney snapped out of her train of thought when she heard her dad's voice. " daddy...." she stood from her chair and walked closer to him. Sydney wrapped her arms around herself for comfort.

"I'm sorry on behalf of your mother. She's not handling this very well, as you can tell. She just-"

"I don't care about what mom feels right now. I don't need you to apologize for her. Though I can see in your eyes why you are here, I wanna hear it out loud" Sydney stopped her dad from trying to find an excuse for her mom. She wanted to know about how he felt, not her.

"I'm sorry on my behalf. You were completely right. I don't have a backbone when it comes to your mother. She always decided for me or us. During the time you walked out of our house the last time even when you got pregnant, I tried to convince her to call. She stubborn as a damn mule" Sydney's dad sighs as he fumbled with the keys even more.

"I've missed you, Sydney. I wish I could go back in time and take back everything I ever said about Caven, you, or the relationship. It's like your mom brainwashed me into thinking the worst of everything you did." His voice started to grow to shake the more he talked about something that he kept out away for years.

"I wish I got to see your first pregnancy. See the ultrasounds of my grand-baby. Watched her grow up. I wish I wasn't stupid enough-" Sydney didn't even let him finish, she just took the chance to wrap her arms around his neck and pull him into a hug. Sydney felt her shirt grown slightly damp from her father's tears.