Summer Before 4th Year

Y/N pov

Over the summer a lot has changed. I've matured. Over the summer I made it a goal of mine to get in shape so that's what I did. I would run 3 miles everyday and then do an hour of legs and an hour of abs. Other then that I've been cutting down my eating... I don't eat breakfast anymore and for lunch I only have some fruit and vegetables. And I have to admit I've gone from a size 16 to a size 2. And my face has cleared up and my hair has become less frizzy and I have and actual butt and breasts. Other then that my personality has changed a lot I've become more confident in myself and also quite opinionated. Welp anyways I should be getting my letter any day now.
I wake up to the sound of my mother screaming, "GET YOUR ARSE OUT OF BED Y/N! YOUR LETTER CAME AND WE ARE MEETING UP WITH THE KERN'S!"
I roll out of bed and head into my bathroom. I use my hazelnut shampoo and conditioner and then my coconut body wash and then shave and wash my face. I step out of the bathroom with a towel rapped around my body and head to my closet to get ready. I throw on just a pink top and Jean skirt and pink shoes and cute purse.

   I walk down the stairs and say, "Good morning mother

I walk down the stairs and say, "Good morning mother. Good morning father." I walk over and give my mom a hug and then she hands me my letter. I quickly grab it out of her hand and get a scolding from my father for being grabby and rude. It didn't bother me but I wouldn't dare say anything. I open the letter and inside is a list of books and then I see it the best thing in the world.

Dear Miss y/n Zaruh we are pleased to inform you that this year we have decided to move you up for some of your classes. You will be taking 5th year classes for Transfiguration, Potions, DADA, Charms and Care for Magical Creatures. Remember that means you will be taking 5 OWLS this year.
- Sincerely Professor Flitwick

I exclaim, "Mother, Father come here it's important!"
They rush over to me at the counter. My father urgently says, "What's wrong? Are you okay? Do I need to sue somebody for hurting you?"
I look at them and laugh while they give puzzled faces. I pull it together and say, "I got moved to year 5 classes for transfiguration, potions, DADA, charms and care for magical creatures."
My mother takes my in a hug and squeals, "Oh my gosh Richard are daughter is so smart we need to celebrate of to Diagonal Alley."
I turn around and look at them, "Wait don't we have to wait for the Kern's before we go or are we meeting them their?"
My father looks at me and my mother and then says, "We told them they could meet us here before we go so we must wait what about you tell us your list of books you need this year."

-List of Books Needed-
1) The Standard Book of Spells Grade 5
2) The Monster Book of Monsters
3)Advanced Transfiguration
4) Defensive Magical Theory
5) Intermediate/Advanced Potion Making
6) Unfogging the Future
7) Numerology and Grammatica
8) Magic through the Ages
9) Spellman's Syllabary

As I read off the list to my parents I saw a flash of black hair step out of the fire place. I slowly peek my head around the corner their I see standing my best friend of all time Stanley Kern. I run over to him and tackle him into a hug while squealing, "Hi Stanley!"
After we pull away he looks down at me, " Oh my gosh y/n you have changed so much I almost didn't recognize you. The one thing that didn't change is your still short." He said with a laugh.
I give him a glare before giggling I've always been short to be exact I'm 5'4 not exactly tall. As we stopped giggling Alyvia and Joseph Kern walked out of the fireplace and over to my parents. I grabbed Stanley's hand and pulled him over to the group. Alyvia faced me before gasping, "Y/n darling I almost didn't recognize you. You look amazing dear. Are we ready to head off?"
I say, "Thank you Mrs Kern. Stanley and I are ready, but if we need to wait we may."
Joseph looked at the group before nodding, "I believe we are all good we may be off to Diagon Alley."

Picture of Stanley Kern he is also in Ravenclaw

 Picture of your bedroom, bathroom, and the foyer/stairway