Chapter 21 : The one who dreamed of seeing the stars

ابدأ من البداية

"The rivers have no effect on me! I am the master of the abyss! Nothing can stop me!"

Percy opens his eyes and Tartarus hiccups with surprise.
Within a second, the ocean green had given way to a pure and brilliant silvery, before Percy's eyes returned to their usual color.

"Don't worry. We're used to impossible fights. That's why we're going to win."

"BOB WILL AVENGE DAMASEN!" Bob roars.
The titan jumps on Tartarus, and they fall in a concert of blows. Ti-Bob throws himself into the fray, feigning more and more beautifully.

"BAND OF INSOLENT PEOPLE! "

The ground starts to shake and Tartarus gets up, holding a Bob by the throat in one hand and a Ti-Bob by the head in the other.

"YOU ARE NOTHING!"
With these words, Tartarus closes his fist holding Ti-Bob, making him disappear.

"NOOOOOO! "
Bob performs a pirouette and places a kick in Tartarus' belly, making him let go. Once free, Bob grabs Tartarus by the arm and throws him to the ground before striking his fist into Tartarus' face.

But Tartarus was no longer there. Just as the fist was about to make contact with him,he disappeared, leaving an incomprehensible Bob.

"BOB BEHIND YOU!" Percy shouted.

Bob turns around and finds himself facing Tartarus, who stabs him in the stomach with his sword.
The Master of the Abyss reaches out his hand, palm facing Bob.
"Disappear."

Bob's body freezes, his face cracks, and Tartarus kicks, causing Bob to crumble into dust.

Percy, in shock, falls to his knees.

"BOB!"

"Annabeth no!" Attempt to hold her Thomas, but without success.

Annabeth throws herself on Tartarus, stabbing him from all sides, without giving him any respite.

Percy gets up and runs towards Annabeth, catches her and pulls her away from Tartarus before Tartarus recovers from his wounds and is able to counterattack.

"He has killed Bob! Percy, he killed him!"

"I know he did."
Percy was always leading him in the opposite direction of Tartarus, tears running down his cheeks in abundance.

"He could never see the stars again! He is dead!" Say Annabeth.
Her voice turned into an inaudible murmur.

The others joined Percy and helped him to keep Annabeth away.

Tartarus was getting up, already recovered from his wounds.
"Finished playing. I'm going to kill you, one by one."

Percy passes Annabeth to Thomas.
"Keep her. She is in shock, and has not fully recovered from her wounds."

"What happens now? The plan falls apart.", Newt says.

Percy's not responding.
He shakes in rage and tears have stopped flowing down his cheeks.
"He has killed too many people. Too many friends."

Thomas approaches him and puts his hand on his shoulder, trying to soothe him.
"It's not your fault, Percy."

Percy breaks free and starts to move towards Tartarus.
"If I had been more powerful, nothing would have happened. Bob would still be alive. This is my fault. My fault for being too weak."