Chapter 43

My phone slips from my hand and drops to the floor. I'm too stunned and my feet are stuck in place.

Heads whip in my direction and Aiden's eyes are the first I see, widening in shock. Chairs scrape at once, as they all rise to their feet, now facing me.

" Chloe?" I snap out of it and I stagger back, as my heart beats hard against my chest.

" Chloe, listen -----------"

" S-stay away from me." I stutter, holding up my shaky hands in warning.

" What you just heard, you weren't meant to find out like this, look -------"

I trip on my feet and land on my butt.

" Stay away from me, all of you. I-I don't want to hear anymore."

Panic shoots at me when Aiden rushes over to help me.

" Stay away from me!" I scream, making him stop in his tracks.

I quickly pull myself up onto my feet , facing them as angry tears fall down my face.

" Chloe calm down, listen to me." Owen steps forward, for the first time, I see so much emotion expressed through his eyes.

But I'm not convinced, because he's a liar. He's been keeping this from me.

" No."

" What you heard is the truth, my biggest truth to you, that I'm your father."

" No." I shake my head, tears streaming down my face.

" Yes, and you're my daughter, you're my blood. When I held you in my arms the first time ----------"

" Shut up, shut up!!....Don't say anymore!!!" I scream, making them all to keep quiet.

" I don't want to hear anything coming out of your mouth, you're a liar, you all are. I trusted you, all of you with no doubt, and what did you do? You kept this from me. You made me believe that monster is my........." Harsh breaths release from me, as my chest heaves up and down.

" Don't mention that bastard!" He bites off, his eyes angry.

" Chloe, please let him explain, hear us out please." Aiden pleads.

I scoff, glaring at him, causing him to flinch back.

" You lied to me and you're my brother, Aiden!....You're the one I trusted most with my heart, but you broke it. "

He shakes his head, his eyes pleading for me to take back my words but I won't.

" You are a liar, just like the rest."

I glare at both of them, the two people I took in high regard and placed them, the most important in my heart, but it turns out that they are the worst liars.

" I hate you, both of you." I say as I retreat, wanting more than anything to get out of here.

" Don't say that." Aiden chokes on his words, with tears in his eyes.

" You don't mean that, you're just angry and in shock right now, don't say something you might ----------"

" Don't freakin' tell me what to say or do, you have no right!" I cut Owen off.

" Chloe!" A warning tone drips off his tone, his eyes narrowing.

" What are you going to do, beat me up just like Luis did, huh?!" I say strongly.

" Chloe! - Stop it!!" He snaps, looking at me angrily.

" So what, you actually expect me to listen to you?....The biggest liar of all!" I scoff. " No I don't think so, you're no one to me."