Chapter Fifteen

You were lying next to Bucky when you woke up. You could hardly remember yesterday but then the wave of nausea hit you. You pushed his arm off you as you ran to the bathroom to be sick again. "Doll?" said Bucky, knocking on the door.

"I'm sorry," you said, opening the door as Bucky wrapped his arms around you, "I don't want to ruin your Christmas," Bucky held you in his arms for a while, you listened to the slow rise and fall of his chest to calm your nerves. You rested your head against his chest, as you questioned again why you felt so ill. 

"Do you want to eat something?" he said, as you tried to clean yourself up in the mirror.

"No," you said, "I don't know what's wrong," you looked over to Bucky who was watching you as you tried splashing your face with water. You felt tired and sick. Which was weird since you couldn't remember the last time you'd been ill.

You leaned your head into Bucky's chest as he stayed next to you. You were watching your favourite Netflix show and trying to rest. He had promised he wouldn't leave your side until you were feeling better and you knew he would keep his word. You closed your eyes and tried to sleep.

You sat upright in the bed, in cold sweat. Feeling Bucky stir behind you, you tried to shake the nightmare from your mind, all you could see was him being tortured, as he called out your name, but you were being held back and couldn't get to him, all you could do was watch as he screamed at the pain and for you. "Doll, are you okay?" said Bucky, tracing circles on your arm. His touch made you shiver, but it brought you back to reality. 

"Yeah," you lied.

"You sure?" he asked, "You can tell me," you didn't want to lie to him but if he knew that the nightmare that had been haunting you for the past two months was him he wouldn't be able to live with himself. He already stressed enough about hurting you. You didn't want to hurt him.

"Yeah," you said, "I'm gonna go get some water," you tried standing up but you felt dizzy. You sat quickly down on the bed as Bucky moved over to you.

"Will you please talk to me doll," he said, there was concern in his voice as you tried to stop your head from spinning. He wrapped his arms around you and you rested your head on his shoulder. You tried not to cry, because you were about to break his heart. Again. 

"It's a nightmare," you said, you felt his heart rate increase, "I see you, being tortured and calling out my name," a tear slipped down your cheek, "And I can't do anything," Bucky went rigid beside you. And said nothing. You could see him internally beat himself up, which made you hate yourself for telling him, even more. 

"Bucky, I'm sorry," you said, "I didn't want to upset you,"

"Upset me?" he said, "How can I not be upset?" his voice started to raise, and you tried kissing his cheek to calm him down but he moved away from you. "Were you ever gonna tell me? That I'm haunting your dreams," a tear slipped down his face, which made your heart break, "How can you even look at me?"

"It's not your fault," you said, but he walked out the room, slamming the door. As you stood up to follow him you thought you were going to be sick, so you sat with your back against the wall, trying not to cry.