🍃Thirty-Two🍃

𝔸𝕟
So I only got three comments out of the 70+ people who read that chapter. Since were at 5k I'mma change the cover. Feel so touched 🥺. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Love you guys, stay safe and thank you for the 5k reads.

     —————&——————

Am getting lazy, so time skip😌

Grace's POV

I sat on the side of my mother's hospital bed and watch the life slowly slip out of her body. On July 5th a week before my birthday, my mom passed. My emotions were all over the place. I wanted to cry, I wanted to yell at the doctors for not being able to help her enough. Even though they did their best to stop the cancer.

After 1 month of in and out of chemotherapy sessions, it was over. She was gone, just like that. When the doctors took her out of the hospital room and to the morgue my breathing quickened. And now I was hyperventilating, if I don't stop soon an asthma attack would kick in.

"Grace where's your asthma pump?" My father asked holding my hand.

I think I had it in my bag, so in pointed to it. He found it after a few seconds of searching. He brought it to my mouth and pumped it but that didn't work. A doctor came in the room, I think to tell us to leave, when he saw me hyperventilating he grabbed a paper bag and held it over my mouth and nose.

Slowly my episode went away. My father went and got me some water, which I drank all of it. I got and grabbed my bag. I didn't want to stay in the room any longer. Now I have to call Malik and tell him our mother died.

I stared over at the empty bed for a few seconds before walking out of the room. I rented a car 2 weeks ago because Ubers are expensive. Sitting in the drivers seat I grabbed my phone and pulled up Malik's contact.

He answered after the third ring. "Hello?"

"... Hey Malik, umm mom." I said but filled the sentence with the word 'umm'

"Grace what happened to her?" Je asked getting concerned.

"She, she passed this afternoon, a few minutes ago actually." I said to him wping my face.

"As in she passed as in the cancer passed?"

"No Malik, as in she died died. Their gonna send her body down in a month's time."

The call went silent, I know Malik is still there because I can hear his breathing.

"Malik?" I asked him. I wasn't about to say Cornelius because that's not even his middle name. And now wasn't time to play any way.

"What am I supposed to say Grace? Our mother is f-" I hung up on him because he was just gonna be yelling in the phone if I was still on the call.

Malik was very close to our mother, even though he already moved out of the house. He was a mama's boy by heart, so it'd hurt him the most because she's gone.

I put my head on the steering wheel before before finally pulling out of the parking lot, when my father got in on the passenger side.

After almost two months of being away from home, I was finally returning. Without my mother. I parked in to Tyreke's
driveway.

When I reached I went to the room I was given and started packing my suit case. I'm going to reschedule my flight to leave in the next two days.

That night I didn't get any sleep not even 5 minutes. I thought back to a few months ago when I had this dream. My mother's stepfather was a Jamaican. He used to tell us all this myths and Proverbs that were used in the country.